Road Trip!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I take lots of road trips regardless of gas mpg in the ole Raptor, as I'm sure lots of other folks here do. My latest trip is sending me from Lakeland, FL to Witchita, KS to visit family. I've attached a picture of the route.

I don't have many open places to ride around home, but anything here along my way to the mid west that anybody on here rides? Kansas in particular because of course that's my final destination, or maybe even locations close by.

Anybody feel free to chime in, as I've never been to the Midwest and I'm really looking forward to it!

Also if anybody sees some idiot with Florida plates seemingly lost in the prairie, give a wave! These douches in central Florida never wave back to me. Thanks! [emoji23] [emoji2]

uploadfromtaptalk1449350161928.jpg

D

Deleted member 12951

If you go either the 22 or 28 min slower then you are driving past my house. On the fastest blue route, if you are north of Hot Springs, AR there are some nice easy trails that are public. Awesome views too in the ozark mountains. Perhaps @dogknat might be around as he has some maps.

Through OK, looks like you will be near @Madcowranch, he might know some areas or drive around on his ranch. When are you leaving? And drive safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Mariner

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for mentioning the longer routes, as I was considering them to see a little more of Tennessee but forgot to mention it in the first post. I'm definitely open to all options as I don't get to exercise my truck as often as I'd like! I'm leaving Dec 21. I have to get shoreside from work, then pack, do an oil change, etc. I'll note the Hot Springs, thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I think you will also be going through @Raptor Embroidery neck of the woods in Alabama. He will probably be out of college and thought I heard him talking about trails where he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

chartquist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 on Hot Springs Arkansas. I was there in October and saw there's a large off road park nearby. Didn't get a chance to try it but it looked good in the materials. Also recommend a place called Catherine's Landing there. It's a nice RV park that also has cabins and Yurts.

OP
OP
Mariner

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So sounds like Hot Springs is a place I'll have to hit. Anybody else have any suggestions?

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Pick up the route that's 28 minutes slower and stop by. Plus, Thats a prettier drive. I have a few trails around here I ride often. I'll do some scouting one day I'm not studying and get a trail ride set up if you're interested.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I second the Hot Springs area as well. Call the forest ranger at one of the stations in Ouachita National Forest. They will mail you trail maps.

Look up the tree they throw stuff in (can't remember the name) and try to find it. The trails leading to it had some breath taking views.

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

OP
OP
Mariner

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the Ouachita National Forest in Hot Springs is a must. I did some research and it's definitely a place I'm going to spend a full day or two. @Raptor Embroidery where are you located? I'll have to hit you up another time. I didn't realize you weren't that far from my home to begin with

dogknat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Ouachita National Forest in Hot Springs is a must. I did some research and it's definitely a place I'm going to spend a full day or two. @Raptor Embroidery where are you located? I'll have to hit you up another time. I didn't realize you weren't that far from my home to begin with

Been off for a while so might be a bit late to this. When are you making your trip? I definitely say Hot Springs/Russleville areas of the forest are at least 2 days worth of trails to play on.