Rear Diff problem - locking electronic field coil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swjtlongdrive

Reaction score
2014 Screw Raptor Roush - my stealership is claiming that my locking electronic field coil has gone back and thus the reason I'm getting some skipping in the right rear on right turns. I've changed fluids and overall service to the truck and it keeps doing it. Now they want almost $2k to fix this item and they say it's back ordered with no set date to receive. Can't lock diff in the truck as screen just says check rear differential when I pull out the knob.

Anyone have any suggestions on other ways to fix this. Different locker in the rear if so what brand as Eaton has told me they don't make anything for this truck, seems odd. Other brands?

I don't offload a bunch but I like the option to lock it sometimes.

Also, if no suggestions and just replace the coil is the answer is there a way to disengage completely now so that I don't hurt anything while waiting on the part? I'ver read a little about supplying 12v to the coil and hook to uplifter switch, anyone actually done it and have any diagrams as to what wires to do it to. Not sure this would work if the dealership is right about the coil being bad.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

OP
OP
swjtlongdrive

swjtlongdrive

Reaction score
Just FYI for anyone who may have this issue. $1800 estimate from dealership and they barely sounded like they know what they were doing. $643 new E Locker from Yukon gears is a plug and play option for our raptors. Chance to change the rear Diff fluid at the same time. Part number is YP PF9.75E-35. I got it from Summit Racing.