Raptor broken into

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to a Bday party last night in SF. Parked in a good area visible from where we were eating. Came out an hour later and the right rear door window was broken. Unfortunately they also stole my search and rescue backpack with over $2k worth of gear inside.

I have no idea how they saw what was in the truck since the backpack was covered with a blanket.

Also my right rear door handle doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas on how much a new window will cost installed? Any idea if insurance will cover the stolen gear?

Thanks.
Luke

Rodbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's sucks, I had that kinda shit. I have know idea what it costs but just the hassel of taking it in, the police report, the insurance.

I fish 50 times a year and use my Raptor to pull my boat. Some areas I launch at are sketchy, so had Noah, the Car Stereo Guy install the 5906 Viper alarm system and hidden GPS system that is connected to my Iphone.

My Sequoia got the cats stolen right in my driveway a few years ago, what a mess. Not going through that again.

Hope it all works out and loosing that bag that has your important stuff in it sucks.

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, thieves are total scumbags. If you have comprehensive (assuming you do), you should have break-in coverage. Contact your insurance and ask for a list of what they cover.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Man that is f'd up! Usually insurance only covers whats bolted down, Glass isn't cheap unless you can find one in a junk yard, auto glass stores probably want an hour or so to install one. Keep us posted, good luck.

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So sad, to bad... Really it's crazy that in this country if you have something nice someone wants to take from you without a second thought... Sorry for your loss...

OP
OP
B

Blu808

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Unfortunately the search and rescue backpack that was stolen could have been used to save more lives. Hopefully whoever got it may benefit them. The crappy part is there was a bunch of medicine in there as well that my family needs from time to time.

I also had the deed for my mining claim in the truck, thankfully they didn't steal that.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope the low life ************* slit his wrist in the glass. Sorry man! When my truck got broke into, not my Raptor, insurance covered truck and all that was stolen inside that I listed on police report

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to a Bday party last night in SF. Parked in a good area visible from where we were eating. Came out an hour later and the right rear door window was broken. Unfortunately they also stole my search and rescue backpack with over $2k worth of gear inside.

I have no idea how they saw what was in the truck since the backpack was covered with a blanket.

Also my right rear door handle doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas on how much a new window will cost installed? Any idea if insurance will cover the stolen gear?

Thanks.
Luke
that sucks to hear. as stated, check with your insurance company. also stop by here and talk to kyle

the car stereo company
86 w el camino real
mountain view ca 94040

he will get you set up with a security system if you want. he was one of my sales guys and bought the shop from me. he will take care of you.

noah

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

that sucks to hear. as stated, check with your insurance company. also stop by here and talk to kyle

the car stereo company
86 w el camino real
mountain view ca 94040

he will get you set up with a security system if you want. he was one of my sales guys and bought the shop from me. he will take care of you.

noah
he will also work with your insurance company and can replace the window and check out the door handle