Prayers for 2017 SnoBall CoDriver's Son

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nick Krause is the co-driver for Chris Powell (Ricky Bobby) this year at the 2017 SnoBall. I didn't go so Nick went with. He's a very close friend of mine and Chris'.

Last night this took place: (posted on FB by Nick's wife Kim)

Please keep Collin in your prayers. Collin (Nick's 15 y/o son) was in a snowboarding accident last night. He broke his back at T6 in two places and will be having surgery early afternoon to add a plate and screws from T4-T9. He also broke his neck at C6 and they will be doing a MRI to determine if he will also need neck surgery. He has a small bleed in his brain but are not concerned about that at this time. Please say an extra prayer for him! Thanks!

Chris Powell and his brother Jay (2nd co-driver) were able to get Nick off to the airport along with the help of a family friend who happened to be in ESCANABA.

I believe Nick made it to the hospital to see his son before the surgery started.

Please keep Collin in your prayers as he goes thru this mess and gets better! He's a great kid.

Thank You,
Rick Swartwood - RaptorScrew & Chris Powell - @CP72SS

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Collin made it out of surgery late last night - Went very well the doctors stated - They're checking on the broken neck portion to see if he needs surgery or a neck brace. He'll be out of school for 4-8 weeks.

Thanx to everyone for their thoughts and prayers for this young man.

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Collin made it out of surgery late last night - Went very well the doctors stated - They're checking on the broken neck portion to see if he needs surgery or a neck brace. He'll be out of school for 4-8 weeks.

That's wonderful news. Keep us posted on his progress. I wish him and his family the best.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thank God the surgery went well. Hope he doesnt need a halo, that was 4 months of NO fun! But it did keep me on my feet. Thoughts and prayers to him and his family,