Power steering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratpatator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question... Does my ps pump need to be programmed?
I need to have a new power steering pump put in, this is the second one, first one I did myself. Talked to Ford about them doing it so it would be warrantied. They are trying to tell me that it needs to be programmed. This is bs right. It's hydraulic...

OP
OP
Ratpatator

Ratpatator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Never "programmed" the other one and it ran for probably 50k. I called them back and she was looking up a 12 not an 11 apparently. Is there a difference between the two?

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I thought. Never "programmed" the other one and it ran for probably 50k. I called them back and she was looking up a 12 not an 11 apparently. Is there a difference between the two?
I do not think so. Its is a pick up truck not a Tesla

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i replaced my PS pump over last summer. i dont think there was even an electrical plug on it. actually now that i am thinking about it, there was not. 2013.

i have never heard of PS programming on a hydraulic system.

OP
OP
Ratpatator

Ratpatator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they said it would carry a 2 year limited warranty I think there might be a 12000 mile limit to tho I just wanted the install to be warranty tho so if it took out my one year old steering rack then they could replace it but it sounds like that doesn't matter either

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

Needles to say my truck will never go to their shop for repair. One more question. Where do I get a ps high pressure line seal or do you have to buy the whole hose?

D

Deleted member 12951

Yeah they said it would carry a 2 year limited warranty I think there might be a 12000 mile limit to tho I just wanted the install to be warranty tho so if it took out my one year old steering rack then they could replace it but it sounds like that doesn't matter either

---------- Post added at 03:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 AM ----------

Needles to say my truck will never go to their shop for repair. One more question. Where do I get a ps high pressure line seal or do you have to buy the whole hose?

rockauto.com or tascaparts.com

Rock auto is a vendor here and they have discount codes for FRF.
Tascaparts is not but their site is easier to navigate and find what you are looking for with pictures on most.
Lot of times, I use tasca to find the part number and price it at rockauto. :)

And by the way, the PS pump has a 2yr warranty according to here:
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3097875&jsn=255

Last edited by a moderator: