Paint Color Green Gem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FishingBen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(Pre-emptive statement: Yes... I used the forum search with multiple attempts and different wordings as well as google search and a bunch of other stuff.)

I was at the dealer the other day and saw an F150 Lariat that I initially thought was black. But, after getting closer to the truck on my walk into the showroom the color turned to this dark irridescent green color! Most beautiful automotive color I've ever seen.

Anyways, I'm fixin to order my Raptor once I get the RAV issues settled with FoMoCo on my lemon law FX4. (No more Ecoboost!!!) Of course I was told at the dealer that this is not a Raptor color which I already knew from Build and Price.

My question is (and I think I already know the answer) Can I pay a fee and special order it with the Green Gem M7296 color code? I mean it's an F150 color applied at Dearborn. How hard could it be?

Yes I am a noob here but, I'm not retarded. Please don't bash me if this question seems stupid or trite or common konwledge to you. I'm just trying to find out if I need to put a permanent nail in this coffin as I have never seen an automotive color that I actually liked this much before in my entire life so I would be willing to go after it if it is at all possible.

Thanks in advance, Ben

Banned
Reaction score
nah they wont do it during production. you would have to have it done after the fact. and I bet it wouldn't be cheap to get it done right.

but it is a nice color that's for sure

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You'll learn real quick that this isn't the type of forum to harass you about a repost so don't feel the need to justify your question.

^he's right btw

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pffft what a lame and stupid question..... haha sorry, i had to....

but no, you will not be able to have the oem paint put on during production. unfortunately you are limited to what colors are available and there is no changing that. even the best aftermarket paint jobs will miss spots unless you strip the vehicle down to the frame. im guessing that would be too expensive of an option, so i would check around for a reputable ahop to handle the new paint scheme. remember, cheap labor aint good and good labor aint cheap. be prepared to shell out the feds for this one.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the only reason they could say absolutely no on that would be if the raptor shell doesn't fit in the green gem paint bath pit, but it would be a very large sum of money you would be paying, they might have that paint bath at the other F-150 plant, so you would be paying for shipping of the shell to the other plant, then back to the dearborn plant for final assembly, plus the cost of having it taken off the line mid production and then space being made when it gets back, I would recommend talking to a dealership that's willing to work with you on it or go straight to ford and try to find someone there you can talk to about it, all I can guarantee is that it would be very expensive if they were willing to do it

remember, money talks, if you got enough of it, it will convince anyone to do anything

but it would be cheaper to have a paint shop do it properly

Last edited:

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
You'll learn real quick that this isn't the type of forum to harass you about a repost so don't feel the need to justify your question.

While that is true, I really appreciate that he DID search first. There are a lot of times I will merge four or more threads on the same topic (Ford Atlas, 90 Jump, etc) because someone didn't take a quick look before.

(Pre-emptive statement: Yes... I used the forum search with multiple attempts and different wordings as well as google search and a bunch of other stuff.)

Thanks, Ben!!

OP
OP
FishingBen

FishingBen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! I really appreciate the feedback.

I pretty well assumed that the answers I have receeved were true before even asking but when you like somthing that much it's worth a try. (I can't remember the last time I was so caught up by something as trivial as a paint color but Dayum that Green Gem color is purty! Oh well.

As for the disclaimer... Yeah sorry about the paranoia. I wanted to be polite and make sure I wasn't going to get hanged on the Forum Front Steps for being accused of not putting in the effort to do a search as this has happened to me once on a Totally Unrelated forum in the past. (I don't go to MudMotorTalk much anymore unless I'm researching something and I'll never ask a question there ever again. LOL.)

Again, Thank you all so much for your help. It is most appreciated.

Ben

Last edited:

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would call SVT directly, with your checkbook in hand. My Dad has the first public Ford GT, he bid on it at auction for charity, and he was able to customize his seats and several other things that they "don't do".

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you pull it off, kudos. I know that a few years back when the 2012 order banks opened up 5 guys on here got together to do a fleet order so they could get the trucks painted Sterling Gray Metallic and Ford said, "No dice." Best of luck.