One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tough the transfer is fixed gears

Or you meen the gearbox speed sensor versus wheel speed senor would make the PCM go bonkers ?

Correct, the PCM would assume something went wrong in the Tcase or gear box as wheel speed sensors would pick up a change in ratio.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So that would take a tune that should be linked to engaging and disengaging of the overdrive.
Doable....

easier to learn to drive light footed ;)

I think that is more work than just a tune you will need to find a controllable output from the PCM/ECU to use to control the overdrive. Also 'tunes' do not change the way the ECU is programmed to work, they only adjust the lookup tables that are used to set the mixture for a given RPM and throttle input. Infact in the ECU goes closed loop it may be that there is little to no input that a tune could give to change the stock mixtures (their maybe constants that can be adjusted, I don't know that much about how our ECU's operate).

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
500 miles and still on the road with the new truck. 12.5mpg but average speed is 80-90mph.

Rockdoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Imperial vs U.S. MPG calculations

I have been wondering, since I got my truck, if they now re-calibrate MPG readout to Imperial gallons or use U.S. gallons for MPG calculations on Canadian Raptors. Dash is metric for MPH functions but wondered about this. I know on my 8.1 litre 3/4 ton Avalanche it was in U.S. MPG requiring an additional .20 "factor" to obtain Imperial MPG results. My H2 SUT was also U.S. MPG. Just curious as my readings of MPG seem a lot better than what I am noticing here.
Thanks All

D

Deleted member 12951

At these prices and they keep dropping, I could start caring less and less about MPG even though I really never care that much before.

181d9d2fb0126359fd2eacc0770d7dea.jpg