Is it normal to have power loss in heavy sand?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alman

Reaction score
I have a 6.2l Ford Raptor 2011 and When I go off road on dunes and I really need to step on the gas, I sometimes get a power loss instead of power gain whenI have the traction control enabled.

That I understand. BUT the problem is that I also get a power loss in these circumstances with the traction control disabled and that worries me .....

When I go on a little heavy dunes I sometimes get power loss (reduction) when the going gets tough. This happens when in 2x4 with Diff Lock, off road mode and Traction Control disabled if the dunes a flat but heavy and fluffy.

I get the same power loss if on a long dune climb but in 4x4 with Diff Lock, offroad mode and Traction Controll disabled

So what is going on here?

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is definitely annoying...manual shifting should fix the issue. Make sure traction is off and you are in offroad mode.

Avmech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the trailer sway will cause issues, the rig will feel slugish due to the fact you are running in sand and the extra drag will cause the truck to feel heavy. there should be no power loss. make sure you press and hold the off road button till it dings and you get a message. if you just press it it will still have some baby sitters enabled. and make sure the sway if off. even if you have the off road complety off the sway will still cause issues.

OP
OP
alman

alman

Reaction score
I do make sure the off road mode is engaged but the Raptor engineers say the car was well tested in sands in California and even in Dubai.

Could it be that the air filter needs cleaning?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter