New member from Hawaii!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I've seen you out on the West Side. Nearly bought that exact truck. I test drove it and the Terrain SCAB they had next to it. I hope you didn't pay their markup! Walked out after they told me their number, got a Ruby Red shipped to island with ESP for less than what they asked.

10850723_10205296192865185_1033193501_n_zps1ugm2dmi.jpg

OP
OP
Y

yenots

Reaction score
I think I've seen you out on the West Side. Nearly bought that exact truck. I test drove it and the Terrain SCAB they had next to it. I hope you didn't pay their markup! Walked out after they told me their number, got a Ruby Red shipped to island with ESP for less than what they asked.

10850723_10205296192865185_1033193501_n_zps1ugm2dmi.jpg
I knew the gm. So got it for 5k less then the markup. About 64999. They had it at 69999. But they gave me a steal for my trade in. So had to do it. That ten k markup kinda scared me away also at first

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew the gm. So got it for 5k less then the markup. About 64999. They had it at 69999. But they gave me a steal for my trade in. So had to do it. That ten k markup kinda scared me away also at first

Looks like they have come down a bit, they wouldn't budge when I was there. I guess knowing people really helps out.

The salesman said something about how they were doing Raptor trade in's at about MSRP so they had a hard time selling new ones at MSRP, which makes sense.

It is a beautiful truck and I had a hard time passing it up.

aschaeferusn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they have come down a bit, they wouldn't budge when I was there. I guess knowing people really helps out.

The salesman said something about how they were doing Raptor trade in's at about MSRP so they had a hard time selling new ones at MSRP, which makes sense.

It is a beautiful truck and I had a hard time passing it up.

Wouldn't doubt it at all, I'm looking at used raptors and many of them are at MSRP or a little below. And that's in the Continental US.
The ones I'm finding more than 1000 or so below MSRP are >50k miles or have SCrew/nav/lux

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't doubt it at all, I'm looking at used raptors and many of them are at MSRP or a little below. And that's in the Continental US.
The ones I'm finding more than 1000 or so below MSRP are >50k miles or have SCrew/nav/lux

They had a 2012 White SCREW 800A that was on the lot for about 8 months and went from 56K to 49K and then finally disappeared, then there was a 2013 Terrain SCREW 801A with sunroof (a big thing in Hawaii), 20K miles for 56K and it was gone in maybe 3 weeks.

Being an island has strange effects on the car market. Even 2014s had limited sales prices, even for year end. Also not much in the way of 4WD. Many people here just don't need it.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They had a 2012 White SCREW 800A that was on the lot for about 8 months and went from 56K to 49K and then finally disappeared, then there was a 2013 Terrain SCREW 801A with sunroof (a big thing in Hawaii), 20K miles for 56K and it was gone in maybe 3 weeks.

Being an island has strange effects on the car market. Even 2014s had limited sales prices, even for year end. Also not much in the way of 4WD. Many people here just don't need it.

Well, how in the hell do you get around when it snows?

RaptorRaider

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So I'm curious, because I'm moving there in July and I'm being forced to buy my wife a new car. I gotta turn in her leased car because I cannot send it to Hawaii. What was the price of your truck that they were selling it at, and then what was the out the door cost once all the paperwork was done?