Never Thought I Would Sell Her

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting that good of money I'd take the M5 and wash my hands of the raptor. The truth (I know no one wants to hear it) is the raptor is going to decrease in value, once gen 2 hits the market. The raptor market is currently over inflated $ wise and that bubble is going to burst. It's just the truth.

That is true, but unless you buy and then store, they all drop in value. Yes, the Raptor is still holding great value. It is a guess for us all, but it appears they will hold their value, and maybe go up more till Ford puts a big block in the new one. Main thing is drive what you like! If you do trade, you will be one of the very short list who can say they bought, drove and sold to get money back. Good luck in whatever you choose.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep the raptor, at least it's all fun and you will survive an accident better than a m5. Only thing an m5 is good for is hauling soccer balls around. Can't stand staring at someone else's license plate, like looking over their roofline instead about 10 vehicles ahead of me!

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a truck guy but I'll admit that the M5 is one of the few cars I lust for every time I see (or hear) one. I love the sound of that V8.

I also agree that Gen 1 Raptors are going to decline in value as soon as the order banks open for Gen 2.

ProjecT 9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they're willing to give you that much I'd take it. Have some fun with the M5. My buddy has a GTR, cool car.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Then, there's the second part of the question....

Both are great for what and how they do their thing. Which one of those "things" will you actually get to do with your choice??

OP
OP
Kapolani

Kapolani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year and mileage is your truck?

2014 SuperCrew with 18k miles.

Picked her up Jan 2014.

Didn't test drive.

I may go up tomorrow. I talked myself into keeping the truck. Never know when I need to get out of dodge in bad snow/mud/shit weather.

Still want to see what I think after I drive it.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep the Raptor, get an M3 (not an M5) when you can. The M cars are fantastic, but you will always be able to get a good one. You sell the raptor and that is the end of an era for you... But I can never let go of anything :)