GEN 1 I expect Gen 1 Raptors to hold their value or maybe even tick up with the new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
release I do not see the values in the 6.2 liters dropping or decreasing my much. If anything there demand will increase with the release of the turbo Raptor and its 10 speed GM/ Ford sourced transmission.

It may make more turbo HP but it will suffer some off road durability.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Time will tell

Buy my truck!

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Saw you are trying to sell your truck, Man pay the 100 bucks and take that to Autotrader. As long as the car fax is clean and no damage history you could get low 30s for that all day. Don't sell your truck or yourself short, it could take a few months but you are going to do better than 26 grand. IMO.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
release I do not see the values in the 6.2 liters dropping or decreasing my much. If anything there demand will increase with the release of the turbo Raptor and its 10 speed GM/ Ford sourced transmission.

It may make more turbo HP but it will suffer some off road durability.

Was just offered $50146 for my '13 with 56k on it. But it's easy to walk away from that amount because there is no alternative for me...

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was just offered $50146 for my '13 with 56k on it. But it's easy to walk away from that amount because there is no alternative for me...

Yeah, and with Ford they probably will be in no hurry to get the new Raptor out there. I doubt the old Raptor values will drop much. The 3.5 liter is a stout motor I have no doubt but I know farmers and those turbo motors do not suck dirt as well as the normal aspirated engines. They have not had the best reliability vs the v8 F150s.

IMO Ford did this because they think the majority of buyers will not be taking it off road anyway. I do and I need something that is reliable. I have not had any trouble knock on wood with my 6.2 and I have gone through some hella big mud holes.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Saw you are trying to sell your truck, Man pay the 100 bucks and take that to Autotrader. As long as the car fax is clean and no damage history you could get low 30s for that all day. Don't sell your truck or yourself short, it could take a few months but you are going to do better than 26 grand. IMO.

It's on eBay, here, and craigslist. The mileage is the only reason I can think it hasn't had much interest. Both eBay auctions only hit $20k and $21k. The current listing is a BIN OBO and I haven't had a single offer on it. Someone was extremely interested locally but Sounds like he couldn't get financing squared away.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think there's some wishful thinking in the OP. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out. I personally got out of my 14 a few weeks ago for more than I paid and didn't want to risk a big market adjustment once the new trucks are out.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Only time will tell but I agree. I have been looking for a used mustang and the 13/14's and used 15/16's are going for pretty much the same amount.

OP
OP
jamanrr

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need my truck so I probably will have it a while longer.

I just can not see the new Raptor fitting into what I do, just think it would be too much fluff and not enough muscle.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I expect the Gen 2 will be 20 to 30 grand higher than the gen1 when they first came out depending where you live, so the savings or depreciation is paramount