Howe Power Steering Pump - Input Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those with Howe's power steering system, how has it performed? Have there been any failures or major issues besides the noises and vibrations?

Also, does anyone have any information on the installation? I've searched and could only find a couple photos, nothing covering the install in detail.

I have one on order and I'm looking forward to getting it all buttoned up.

Thanks!

RDUBPhoto

Reaction score
Hey it looks like you went ahead and was able to get everything working with the Howe pump on your truck. I have already installed a 2nd stock one and blew through that now too so I am going to order the Howe as well. Is there any major install issues I need to be aware of? it seems pretty simple as long as I make sure to get all the fittings super tight since it is a higher pressure system.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

OP
OP
thearizonacowboy

thearizonacowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey it looks like you went ahead and was able to get everything working with the Howe pump on your truck. I have already installed a 2nd stock one and blew through that now too so I am going to order the Howe as well. Is there any major install issues I need to be aware of? it seems pretty simple as long as I make sure to get all the fittings super tight since it is a higher pressure system.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Make sure the fittings are as tight as possible. I got them pretty snug but it still sprayed fluid everywhere lol. Just witness mark everything and keep an eye on any leaks and the fluid level. Howe recommends keeping the fluid flush with the highest baffle in the resi. Good luck!