How much would you need to be paid to downgrade to a Platinum / King Ranch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
I

intrlaz

Reaction score
The plat/KR idea is out. Thank you all for helping me come to my senses.

The only alternative in my mind is trade for a beater until I can get my hands on a 17 or 18. The downside is of course having to drive a beater for an extended period. Anyone else considering this?

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I considered it, especially while it's been a couple year stretch with no new raptors out there and values holding strong, and maybe would have entertained it if the gen 2 was coming with a V8, where the gen 1 value would drop again once the gen 2 came out and raptors were available to buyers again. But since the gen 2 is a 6, the gen 1 is going to hold it's value fairly well still for guys who only want an 8 even after you can buy new again.

So I'll continue to drive my gen 1 until probably late 17 or 18 before trading up. May not make out quite as well as capitalizing on the value now, but I'll get to still keep driving a raptor from now till then lol

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't do that. I'd turn around and put money into the truck trying to get it to where it is already. I'd regret it every time I'd see a Raptor.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I go through this EVERYDAY, I tell the wife I am selling or trading it in all the time only to not do it. 2 months ago I was in the process swapping title for a cashiers check and couldn't do. Pissed the other dude off bad, but made me sick to know I wouldn't have it anymore. I love my truck and would hate to get rid of it only to have to go buy another one and take a hit doing it.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
funny timing on post. this morning I got a call from Grapevine Ford used sales manager.

went like this:

"Hi, we are short on used inventory, so what would you say if we could get you into a 2016 F150 for the same payments you are making on your 2012 Raptor? It's a heck of a deal!"

Me: "I don't have payments on my Raptor"

"Oh, well then you could get into this 2016 for not very much money, probably less than 20,000 - sound like a great deal?"

Me: "I have at least double the cost of my Raptor invested in upgrades, so tell you what - I'd do it for a brand new F150 with every option, AND a Ford Mustang GT350R, but they both have to be white, and you have to throw in the floor mats"

"You're not serious, right?"

Me: "Have you seen my truck?"

"I've gotta go"
Me: "Yeah, that would be best."