How Much Should It Cost For Work On Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I picked up my Raptor late last night, and I just wanted to see if The guy charged me correctly for all my mods. I will post later on how it all looks and feels. The work was excellent, and I am happy with the results.
Here is what he did
1) Mid-perch and Alignment
2) Installed 20 inch light bar in lower front bumper, and 2 sets of cubes in each lower fender(d2's, and wides) all Rigids
3) Took off and black powder coated exhaust tips
4) Replaced muffler with a Dynomax vt
5) Wired and installed LED vent lighting(great idea by someone on the forum a few month's ago)
6) Installed AFE CAI, and 5 star tune 87 perf
7) Put on a backflip Roll-x and bak box(tool box)
8) Replaced Antenae
9) Changed oil(synthetic) 7 quarts

Total charge was 16 hours of labor time at $90/hour. Paid exactly $1600.00 drive out. Obviously I paid for the lights, muffler, backflip, CAI and tune, and antennae separately.

Was this a fair amount to charge? Thanks for the feedback.

Banned
Reaction score
well, if you feel it was worth it, thats all that counts, right?

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty standard labor rate, at least it is in my area. Sounds like enough work to justify 16 hours. Unless you were unaware of the labor rate I would say it was fair. $1440 for 16 hours at $90 per hour, assume the rest was oil and shop supplies. So I don't see anything bad unless you were told it would be fewer hours or told a different labor rate.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

ctozzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
per hour charge was in line with here, but you could have done a few of those yourself fairly easily and saved some $$, however sometimes it's nice to drop it off and pick it up all done. Either way congrats on your truck and getting a nice list of mods done.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rate is about right for Arizona and the hours sound reasonable. I like to do my own work when possible but then it takes me 3 times as long :boxed:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hahahaha, we call it a backyard install. we get that a lot at the shop. guys come in who have spent most of a day trying to install an amp and pretty much give up. we come in and strip and rewire the whole system in an hour and a half.