How much do you think prices will drop when 2017 order banks open?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as a prospective owner debating taking on a large car payment, I'm wondering how much the market is going to fall out in another year. I don't want to end up losing 10-15k on this thing in the next year or two

i've taken a pretty good hit on the last 2 vehicles and don't want to do it again

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only time will tell, but I doubt they will drop drastically. There will still be a demand for the v8 gen 1 raptor. Also depends on the price tag of the new one.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go ahead and get one. We don't buy these things as investments anyway. By the time they get all the bugs worked out of the aluminum cans, the price will start back up on the Gen 1's anyway.

You can buy a '17 and wait around for a while for upgrades or have one now that will be the envy of everyone around today!!!!

D

Deleted member 12951

Not to be any type of financial advisor because I am not but if you are getting into a raptor and consider this to be a "large car payment" and concerned with resale then perhaps this might not be a good financial decision to move forward.

I am seeing quite a few raptors going on sale because people got in over their head and can't afford to keep it.

The problem usually isn't with the truck payment if you go into it with good finances, its paying off the mods that can kill ya. I owed more on that than what I financed the raptor for, LOL!

roybot

Reaction score
My opinion, as long as companies like Hellion, Whipple, and Roush are selling turbos and superchargers for the Raptor (or as long as you can get your hands on one)...there will always be the potential of turning your already awesome gas guzzling V8 into a monster that will eat the EcoBoost on the 2016 for breakfast.

So I think that, in conjunction with the global oil glut that currently exists will put a floor on prices for the Gen 1 Raptors in the near term...and they will definitely be collectible way down the road.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My opinion, as long as companies like Hellion, Whipple, and Roush are selling turbos and superchargers for the Raptor (or as long as you can get your hands on one)...there will always be the potential of turning your already awesome gas guzzling V8 into a monster that will eat the EcoBoost on the 2016 for breakfast.

So I think that, in conjunction with the global oil glut that currently exists will put a floor on prices for the Gen 1 Raptors in the near term...and they will definitely be collectible way down the road.

I strongly agree with you, I think even our beat up raptors will be cherished in the future. People are going to want that bad ass v8 that could haul ass in the desert.

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be any type of financial advisor because I am not but if you are getting into a raptor and consider this to be a "large car payment" and concerned with resale then perhaps this might not be a good financial decision to move forward.

I am seeing quite a few raptors going on sale because people got in over their head and can't afford to keep it.

The problem usually isn't with the truck payment if you go into it with good finances, its paying off the mods that can kill ya. I owed more on that than what I financed the raptor for, LOL!

you hit the nail on the head. I crunched the numbers for an hour or so last night and realized that i'd be stretching myself to thin right now. So I think I'll keep saving and wait until it gets closer to the 2017 release to try to buy one

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the used market will take a big hit. If anything, they may be in higher demand with the 6.2 and steel body being out of production. Not to mention the end of the SVT era.... Some nostalgia value with that alone.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just take a look at how strong the 03/04 cobra, lightning, and shelby GT500 market still is. Add in the fact that the next gen might not have a NA V8 option makes me think these will continue to be strong. Maybe not at the level they are now but they won't depreciate like a normal vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter