GoPro Hero 3 Black - Interference Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else having a static type interference with their GoPro? I have mine mounted inside on the top of the dash. It has a persistent static that really ruins the audio. I believe I've read a few other posts with somewhat similar issues but can't find them. Raptor is stock except the MBRP exhaust. Any ideas?
I've been running it at 1440 resolution if that matters.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've never had that issue. Audio quality isn't the greatest inside the hard case anyway

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's very annoying. It occasionally stops for a moment here and there but overall, it's just this varying static noise. Don't know if it's ignition type interference or what. No radio on either.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same issue, and i get horrible sound quality out of mine. Even inside the cab with the "frame" mount you cant her Chit. I emaild gopro and they had me shoot a video in a quiet area saying "sound test"

I just havent gotten to it yet, been in germany for work. Seems like it might be a known issue.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably need to update the firmware, there was an update a couple weeks ago too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same issue, and i get horrible sound quality out of mine. Even inside the cab with the "frame" mount you cant her Chit. I emaild gopro and they had me shoot a video in a quiet area saying "sound test"

I just havent gotten to it yet, been in germany for work. Seems like it might be a known issue.

Let me know if you hear anything.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably need to update the firmware, there was an update a couple weeks ago too.

Updated the software/firmware. We'll see if that makes any difference on the next outing.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Updated the software/firmware. We'll see if that makes any difference on the next outing.

Have you ever updated it since you bought it? The reason I ask is because most stock black editions had issues until they were updated.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The firmware update related to the wireless remote and video settings. Had nothing to do with audio.

I arrive back in the states friday, so hopefully over the weekend i can get the sample gopro wanted in to them.