Fuse question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went to start my 13 this morning, all it would do was turn over, nothing else. Google told me to look at #27 fuse in the engine block fuse box. For fuel relay system. It was blown, ran to buy some new ones, 20 amp mini fuse. Try to reinstall, would go all the way back in. Truck starts now, but the fuse is sticking up out of fuse block. Does that matter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the original fuse is a low profile mini 20 amp fuse. If you are using a mini 20 amp fuse it will stick up. Does it matter? Probably not. Some dealers used this fix before the relocation kit came out.

OP
OP
daddycreswell

daddycreswell

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the original fuse is a low profile mini 20 amp fuse. If you are using a mini 20 amp fuse it will stick up. Does it matter? Probably not. Some dealers used this fix before the relocation kit came out.
What's the relocation kit for? Thanks for the answer....I didn't see any low profile fuses when I bought these. It works, and that's all I care about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few threads about it. Long and short- relocation kit fixes problem-dun. Just replace fuse- prolly gonna have to do it again and again. Hot, raining, cold snowing gonna suck.

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the fuse arcs and damages the fuse blade receptacles so you have to use the kit. Most have used the kit for problem prevention. Photo shows a side by side mini low profile 20 amp vs mini 20 amp vs mini low profile 20 amp. Note the blade length. The two main potential problems are cover clearance and blade exposure . Both of which do not seem to apply in this case.
The real question to ask is why are fuse 27 s blowing? Fuses under rated for ap? Fuses defective? Fuse terminal out of spec? Fuel pump draws to much current? Many have had a problem but many more have not. The relocation kit uses a 20 amp J case low profile. Only the Ford engineers know for sure what is really up with this.

Attachments

• DSCF0060.jpg
    DSCF0060.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 32

xtela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The photo shows left to right 20 amp low profile mini ,20 amp mini,20 amp low profile j case used in the relocation kit. I think most here would agree with adeerchaser and have done the relocation kit. The fuse 27 thread has more info on the kit. Your truck your call.

Attachments

• DSCF0064.jpg
    DSCF0064.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 33

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they loosen up over time and vibration. Every oil change i pop open the cover and push down on all fuses and relays. be surprised how many pop down tiny amount after a few months. A month ago i noticed fuse 27 developing a tiny burn spot. Cleaned the contacts and installed new fuse. Here is the cleaning kit i used , pricey but have used it many times
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C7K1T8S/?tag=fordraptorforum-20