The FRF Shock Shootout! All pre event details and discussion here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Also if I'm around I'd love to help out in any way I could.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd let you barrow my stockers but I feel they are worn out making them useless for this test. But I would like to see if Mictouch would rebuild them for me and give them his hot tune while he's at it. I'll need back up shocks while my icons are out for service in the future. I'd love to see how modded stockers would add up in the mix.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My initial test procedure ideas are up. Gimme your thoughts.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would be cool to fix a three axis accelerometer to a seat bolt or something rigid inside the body to collect data on the impacts/vibrations/accel amounts during the test drives of each shock. Put it in a graph to see which ones had the least amount of spikes.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Stuff we need" section added and filled out.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I'm In.

I suggest getting Offroad warehouse involved. Ill make the call. They sell all of these shocks and have shops.

I have 2 gopros too.

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
ICON Vehicle Dynamics has the backs of FRF Members and Ford Raptor owners. We are confident that our shocks will perform well in any tests and have agreed to supply loaners to support this shootout. We will offer to the shootout test both our 2.5" stock replacement shocks (to be released in the coming weeks) and our high performance 3.0's available now.

We are committed to the continued growth of Raptor aftermarket accessories, and furthermore educating you about the products we produce.

We appreciate the opportunity to be apart of this!

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

www.iconvehicledynamics.com
www.facebook.com/ivdsuspension

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would be cool to fix a three axis accelerometer to a seat bolt or something rigid inside the body to collect data on the impacts/vibrations/accel amounts during the test drives of each shock. Put it in a graph to see which ones had the least amount of spikes.
Interesting idea! How dependent do you think that's going to be on the driver though, verses the shock performance itself? Seems like the numbers will be off by a lot even if the driver's only off by a few mph over the same obstacle?

I'll put up my oem front shocks (19K miles). Sending you a PM J.

Ill loan my shocks.. 4300 miles and I got all 4...
Good deal guys. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance and lets talk details.

I'm In.

I suggest getting Offroad warehouse involved. Ill make the call. They sell all of these shocks and have shops.

I have 2 gopros too.
Gotcha down as an expert driver and for 2 cameras. Thanks trey!

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

ICON Vehicle Dynamics has the backs of FRF Members and Ford Raptor owners. We are confident that our shocks will perform well in any tests and have agreed to supply loaners to support this shootout. We will offer to the shootout test both our 2.5" stock replacement shocks (to be released in the coming weeks) and our high performance 3.0's available now.

We are committed to the continued growth of Raptor aftermarket accessories, and furthermore educating you about the products we produce.

We appreciate the opportunity to be apart of this!

ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Performance Suspension Systems, Coil-Over Shocks, Uniball Upper Control Arms, and Lift Kits for Trucks and Suv's
www.facebook.com/ivdsuspension
Great, thank you ICON!! I've marked you down as supplying two different sets. Please advise when you have links to your website and pics up for the 2.5s, and I'll add that info to the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.