Drive a Race truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rat

Reaction score
Would you like to drive a Real Race truck with a roll cage and long travel suspension and not break your Raptor or spend thousands ?
I sure would. I have been looking at Las Vegas Off Road Experience VORE they are the ones putting on the Raptor round ups. Would a group of FRF ers be interested in putting a group together for desert or short course action ?
Las Vegas Tours

6 cylinder, 4 liter, 235 hp, rear mounted engine, 24" wheel travel front and rear.

Last edited:

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Those things are so slow though. Small 4 cylinder engines, and the suspension is so soft that the real drivers were always spinning out on corners. In all seriousness, on the vegas track, if you raced a raptor vs a vore truck, the raptor would win.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whtrapta said:
Those things are so slow though. Small 4 cylinder engines, and the suspension is so soft that the real drivers were always spinning out on corners. In all seriousness, on the vegas track, if you raced a raptor vs a vore truck, the raptor would win.

Well, u can't just give the average mouth breather a nice truck and expect to earn money. Ud have an expensive TT on it's roof

OP
OP
R

Rat

Reaction score
well it says 6 cyl rear mounted Ford 4 liter engine with 235 hp ? so yea I bet a 6.2 Raptor would smoke one of these but 24" of wheel travel and a full cage, and you wont bend your frame ?
This kind of fun is way too expensive. Maybe I'll just go skiing.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
On a groomed short course track the Raptor may do well for a lap or 2, but I'm willing to bet over a 10-15 lap race the VORE trucks would take the Raptor. Now take them off a groomed track and the VORE trucks will lap a Raptor several times over

Remember one truck is built for racing and one truck is built to look good

This kind of fun is way too expensive. Maybe I'll just go skiing.

Arrive and drive programs are very popular right now. Superlite's are 52K for a 8 race season, then you have to add damages of up to 10K per race. Now if you can prep the car yourself its a bit cheaper, but a lot more work. No idea what VORE's cost to rent, when I talked to the owner he hadn't figured it out