Coastal Tech Lockpick

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAZMATYATES

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the Coastal Tech Lockpick not allowing a GPS signal when installed? I have a 2014 SCAB and when I installed it the GPS signal was lost and the clock stopped working as well. I tried to search the forums as I'm sure this has come up but I keep getting an error screen. I also tried to call Coastal Tech and keep getting a message to leave a message. Hopefully someone has a workaround so I can install again today. Have a long road trip this weekend. Thanks

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. I just did this install. Counter to their instructions, do NOT use their bypass for the GPS Antenna. You will need to (sorry) take dash apart again , disconnect their bypass and plug the stock gps antenna back in.

Then you manipulate the various functions via the lockpick menu. Also note to TRIPLE check the dip switch settings if you WANT the DVD player to work in motion. They phrase it strangely and you can assign this incorrectly, meaning yet another disassembly. Also note that you can leave DVD active via dips and always disable it in the lockpick menu so the dips are in fact kind of pointless

Any other questions ask... I got pretty good at this.... also you don't need to rip everything out... you can just pull facia to get to stereo etc

REBELx504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you guys have some type of DVD player installed and plugged into the media jacks...

The CD played in the dash does not play DVD's does it???

Osprey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you guys have some type of DVD player installed and plugged into the media jacks...

The CD played in the dash does not play DVD's does it???

I know there's some sort of video feature. Don't remember if the dash CD player plays DVDs or if you have to use the AV inputs in the center console.

Since the truck has to be in park in order for the video to display I think that feature is probably only slightly more useful than the Wi-Fi abilities that the radio has.

Last edited:

j2k

Reaction score
@REBELx504 - I'm pretty sure the 2013's and 2014's do not have the dvd player.... just CDs. Think 2012 was the last year for the dvd players in our trucks.

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting... I can assure you that my '11 plays dvds in dash and it came like that from the factory. The lockpick enables dvds to play while you are driving (amongst other things... I picked up the lockpick air that let's you wirelessly stream Netflix etc from your phone)

Osprey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just popped a DVD into my 2014's MFT and it did not play. Guess video for these particular systems is only through the AV port.