Bronco meet Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koiesmith

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm starting a project on my 1990 Bronco XLT and plan to do some serious work to it (Raptor style). I wanted to get some feedback from the community about my plans to see if anyone has any suggestions or ideas they can share with me.

My first goal is swap a 6.2L Raptor engine into my Bronco and possibly add a Whipple Supercharger at some point. This is probably going to require some major mods and changing out of other things. Hints or ideas of what all I'm going to be looking at would be appreciated.

My second goal is for my interior. I want to use the buckets and bench from a Raptor to replace the seating in my Bronco if it fits.

I plan on leaving the outside mostly stock with the exception of the grill. I'd love to somehow incorporate the Raptor grill design in but say BRONCO instead. I know there are some companies making bronco to raptor body kits but I just don't think they look right.

Basically taking an old classic and bringing it back to life with something fresh and new.

Suggestions for places to source parts would be greatly appreciated and even a suggestion for a reputable shop near Atlanta would be awesome too.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...sounds like a great project, but don't put the shocks/suspension down the list too far, aside from bad ass looks, this is where the raptor shines above any other off road truck i've seen/driven. There are thousands of Broncos out there with lift blocks and mudders that handle and ride like a Conastoga, but one that would corner like it's on rails without flipping ass over teakettle, jump the dunes all day long, soak up bumps/ruts at 80mph without shaking your molars loose, and then comfortably drive home and take the inlaws to dinner at the club (and look like it belongs there)....rare. I say, do it.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think this would be an awesome build and something I have always thought about doing to an old bronco!

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how do you figure a Raptor wont flip ass over tea kettle, cause I know a few members on here that have done just that...

Good point.... at some point if you push something hard enough it will fall over, even our beloved trucks. I meant relative to other vehicles of similar size/weight, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter