on board air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there, just got done yesterday with the installation of the ARB twin compressor and dual lines and connection points.

we mounted the compressor against the bed wall and ran the main hose to a "T" under the truck. (these pics were taken before completion and the wires and hoses are now neatly ran and tied up)

Then we ran 1/4 id tubing to the front and another to the rear and on each end of the truck installed the quick push pull connection that comes with the compressor (i bought a second one) this allows me to connect a hose at either end of the truck for filling my tires or a buddy's.

we installed a second set of up-fitter switches in the dash and used #4 to fire the relay to turn the compressor on. the compressor is connected directly to the batter with 10gauge wire and 40amp fuses. its a robust system.

this set up works great for me and is a very clean install that will work when i hunt out of the truck and for offroad events. I could have installed the compressor in the cab but wanted to limit cab penetrations and generally speaking, keep the compressor outside.

I've got 1gal and a 2.5 gal tanks on order and may install one for Raptor runs and other off road use. this is TBD.

hope this info helps someone..

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_0279.jpg
    IMG_0279.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0284.jpg
    IMG_0284.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 517
Last edited:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the compressor I want to get for my truck. Your installation looks good and I like the front and rear connections. Did you get the kit from one of the vendors on this site and how much?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have a feeling your front hose connection may cause connection issues. i have a hose in front behind my grill and its seen enough to want to move it.

@Yukon Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a feeling your front hose connection may cause connection issues. i have a hose in front behind my grill and its seen enough to want to move it.

I wondered the same thing and am taking a wait and see approach. I may find a plug for it to at least try to keep it free of dirt and vegetation.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

That's the compressor I want to get for my truck. Your installation looks good and I like the front and rear connections. Did you get the kit from one of the vendors on this site and how much?

No, i didn't, I bought it before I had been around the forum. it's been on a shelf for a while and I was only able to get it installed yesterday.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an OBA system in my Jeep that I had installed. I used a Viair 100% duty compressor and mounted it under the hood and had a 2.5g tank mounted under the body where the stock muffler was located. I had my connection point on a tire rack mounted to the rear tailgate. Worked great.

I strongly recommend you get rubber plugs or covers for the quick-disconnects. I replaced my quick disconnect because dirt and debris got inside and clogged the little ball bearings and springs so much that it rendered it useless. I bought a plug for the new quick disconnect and never had a problem again. This is particularly important if you like to play in the dirt or mud.

Looks good though. Great install.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

^^^ Looks like you beat me to it.