Best brake lines for our trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the only thing i would potentially worry about with all these fancy looking lines. those fittings are going to be garbage in just a few short years of road use.

if you need them for sure go for them for extended length. or if one of your stock ones break, for sure.

to just spend the money on it just because? lol pass.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the only thing i would potentially worry about with all these fancy looking lines. those fittings are going to be garbage in just a few short years of road use.

if you need them for sure go for them for extended length. or if one of your stock ones break, for sure.

to just spend the money on it just because? lol pass.

AMS Oil (AMS Oil HP Heavy Metal Protector) the shit out of them before the install to prevent these fancy looking stainless steel lines and fancy stainless steel fittings from rusting. And do the whole undercarriage, frame, anything metal for the same reason once a year and there would be NO problems what so ever.

OP
OP
Stingray23

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I havent installed them yet. I just had my truck at the Ford dealer to do the brake install for me. They installed the pads and rotors and when it came time to do the lines, they came up with some excuse about it being a complex job and it would cost me $600! LOL. I figured maybe $250 to install and flush the system and add my fluid, but definitely not $600. I have to find someone else to do it.

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any luck getting the crown lines installed. Dealership trying to screw you over!? No way
So I have a 2013 raptor and went with StopTech lines. Front fit fine but rears didn’t fit (too short). I had already installed fronts so just kept them on. Rears were $175 and couldn’t return them since I took my sweet time installing them. Ordered SDSQ lines and the same thing happened. Fronts fit fine but rears were too short. I finally just had some custom lines made to make the rear work. All good since then but wth..just make lines that fit people!
So I still have the stoptech lines I’m gonna give those to my brother for his 2011 raptor. At least now I know fronts will fit rears will need custom line extensions.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 77K miles on my truck, and so it's about time for brakes. I checked out the Crown website and really like the looks of their stuff. Going to order Blue lines to match my rig, 1" longer than stock for a little extra room to move...Anyone gone with a longer line? I want to install better springs in the rear next year, and maybe go with 3" shocks, don't want to end up regretting a brake line purchase....

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great plan. I did the stoptech rotors and pretty happy with them. Don’t buy their lines, stick to what these guys are saying works. I ordered SDSQ lines and as I mentioned above I still ended up needing custom lines made to make them work, something about the 2013’s is a bit different. You will love a shock/spring upgrade. I went with 3.0 fox shocks w/remote reservoirs, they came with Eibach springs. Height adjustable in the front up to 2” and of course the stiffness is adjustable too. Might as well throw a set of total chaos UCA’s in there to finish up the front suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter