Another fun day of crashing around in the snow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I took the Raptor up into the mountains again this afternoon. It started snowing just above Placerville and it was really coming down. I've never seen snowflakes this big! I felt bad for all the poor souls wrestling with tire chains on the side of the freeway... OK, not really.:jester:

We took Icehouse Road way up above 50 and found a couple spots to have some fun. My buddy took his Tundra. I probably should've been leading because he put it off into the ditch and almost didn't get out. It took him a good five minutes to rock it back and forth to get it out. The snow was really deep in spots and the roads were unplowed. We were mostly cutting our own paths and it was ice beneath the surface. We had a great time and the kids even got out to play in it a bit. Ben got some video of a few donuts. Here's one of a decently executed U-turn...

YouTube - Dave and his SVT Raptor

DSC06908.jpg

DSC06906.jpg

DSC06905.jpg

DSC06909.jpg

DSC06910.jpg

Last edited:

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's awesome ice'!
Isn't it great to drive where you can really 'feel' how capable this thing is?
Hey I like how you let your friend 'suffer' for 5min rocking that 'yota out rather than pulling him out in 15 secods or less. Lol!

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its amazing that this is in the same United States where it was 85 degrees here this weekend and everyone on the beach was in bikinis.....

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your new light setup looks good Ice.

Funny how you not only watched your buddy get stuck, but rubbed salt in the wound with a nice roost of snow to his face! :jester:

neveo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice video, i was up in truckee thursday through monday . there is just too much snow this year, running out of space around the house to blow it to. unforutunately i took my daughter's fx45 up from the bay area and could barely get the car up the slope of my driveway, i think we picked up at close to 5 feet while i was up there.... i was cursing Ford all weekend for taking too long to ship my truck