Lifting a 2011 Raptor SCREW 3"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i would recommend against it unless as rob said, you have someone who can take the time to get it all right.

i myself have never done one, but my brother in laws been a mechanic basically his whole life, since he became a gear head at a young age. he recomends against them cuz people think its like you said just throwing some spacers in and going. it doesnt, lifting the body changes the orientation of alot of things.

Mark if you were gonna be modding the hell out of the raptor for the purpose of racing or just running the thing real hard, id say fine. but for your daily driver, its a pretty small asthetic change for more time and money then its worth. IMO of course..... but its your truck and money, and if you can get it done right and cost dont matter and it makes YOU happy. then go for it.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
^^ what both Rob and Jugg said - I agree completely and will only offer this:
A body lift (properly done) will basically give you more room for tires/tire movement - not much else. It does not get your engine higher out of water or muck, nor does it alter the way the suspension performs. It somewhat alters the center of gravity, but that's minor as most of the weight is down below the lift anyways.

A suspension lift (not the topic here, but close enough for comment) will affect how the truck rides, performs off road, jumps, and a host of other things. The Raptor may perform better with a suspension lift in some areas (crawling around trails) but there may be a definate detraction in performance in others. I would never drive my truck with a suspension lift at 100mph through the whoops (well not unless I put a sick amount of money into the suspension parts).

Essentially, build the truck the way you intend to drive it, and know that alterations come with benefits and drawbacks sometimes.