Comments/pics re rear seats of Scab and Screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crashthepunisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the Raptor and yet to see the trucks in person for myself other than traveling down the road. I'm undecided whether to get a scab or screw. I like the scab for pure looks and a little more garage-friendliness with the shorter length. The screw will almost certainly have to spend its nights outdoors, which I'm not used to. But, I have a couple of young boys and will take 2-4 hour trips from time to time, possibly with adults. It would be once or twice a month at most that I would need to put people in the back and other than a few occasions a year, it would be my boys. I do need to be able to roll or lay a race bicycle into the rear cab (without people of course), so seats that fold up against the rear would be nice, though fold down seats might do if it is wide enough to lay the bike flat. Not sure how the scab and screw rear seats work. I would appreciate any info, comments or photos you may have to help me narrow down my decision. Thanks guys.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the scab and i love it. There's enough room in the back for adults to ride back there for awhile. This past weekend my friend rode back there for a few hours in traffic 4 times and was perfectly fine. He's 6'1". Not sure about the screw seats but the scab seats fold up towards the window like you mentioned.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interior size of the Raptor is exactly the same as any F150, so my advice would be to drive down to your local dealer and ask them to show you both, and see what works best for you. My kids definitely preferred the CrewCab, and they are only 6 & 9. I also plan on keeping the truck for a long time, and they're not getting any smaller!

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
2 vrs. 4

There is only about 6 inches more leg room in a screw the real advantage is that it has four doors so people in back can get out without waiting for the driver or front passenger having to open their door. I would rather be able to get a scab in the garage then leave a Raptor screw out all the time in exchange for the few time I would have people riding in the back.

OP
OP
Crashthepunisher

Crashthepunisher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It helps to get the perspective. Easy choice would be to go big just in case, but there are drawbacks to it also I guess. I do need to go check out some F150s, though not crazy about having to go through the dealer hassle and field phone calls for the next two weeks. Would a F250 crew be the same size in the rear seat area you think? I think I might have another buddy with a 150 scab too I could check out.

By the way, I'm not getting email notification of replies to my thread although I'm set to "instant email notification." Does anyone know if there is something else I have to choose to get those? Thanks again.

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
I had a 2010 Scab and while adults can fit, it is pretty uncomfortable depending on how far you are going. I have a 3 year old and 8 year old and it was a tight fit. Lots of feet marks on the back of the seats. I got a 2011 Screw and the additional room is a lot. Adults can ride comfortably and kids feet don't reach the seats. I had a 2006 F350 Crew Cab and the amount of room was very similar to the Screw. I feel that the Scab was a little more nimble than the Screw but I am very happy with the Screw.

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It helps to get the perspective. Easy choice would be to go big just in case, but there are drawbacks to it also I guess. I do need to go check out some F150s, though not crazy about having to go through the dealer hassle and field phone calls for the next two weeks. Would a F250 crew be the same size in the rear seat area you think? I think I might have another buddy with a 150 scab too I could check out.

By the way, I'm not getting email notification of replies to my thread although I'm set to "instant email notification." Does anyone know if there is something else I have to choose to get those? Thanks again.

LinkBack / Thread Tools / Search this Thread / Rate Thread / Display Modes

Choose Thread Tools (for the thread you want to follow) and then Subscribe to this Thread

randy

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
The cab on a crew is 12" longer than the Supercab. It's enormous. Dad and a good friend of mine both have current-gen GMCcrew cabs, there's no comparison. The supercrew is gigantic by comparison. According to Ford's spec, the crew has 10" more legroom. Guessing the other 2" goes to seatback angle or seat length (butt cushion length).

Faced the same problem, my ideal Raptor would be a crew on the 138" wheelbase of the 04-08 F-150.

Weight difference is actually fairly irrelevant IMO at 200lb (6006 vs 6200).

Wheelbase / maneuverability are the drawbacks of the crew. It has a 145" wheelbase similar to all the (Ford/Dodge/Chevy) crewcab-shortbed or extended-cab-standard-bed trucks. The supercab is really short @ 133" which is halfway between a crew cab short bed and a regular cab standard bed.

Seats flip up in both scab and screw, but guessing internal bike storage is going to work much better (possibly only) with the crew. Alternatively you can get a BakFlip F1 + bedrug or similar.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Im 6ft 8in and needed room for people in the back. The choice was easy... The added payload and bigger gas tank were a bonus. It definitely isn't as nimble in parking lots but with the reverse camera its not bad at all.