What's SDHQ got??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are mine after one of the runs. Not quite as bad but still needed to be corrected in order for the bushings not to prematurely wear.

Lower Contol Arm.jpg

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are mine after one of the runs. Not quite as bad but still needed to be corrected in order for the bushings not to prematurely wear.

View attachment 50769

I see a little rust. and tahts on the back side.

mike is referring to the front mount. Most aftermarket bumpers leave them exposed and they turn into magnets for rocks.

I've run my truck pretty hard over various terran including south dakota, the dunes, snobal, havoc, and some minnesota winter logging roads.

I have some scuffs on my stock skid plate where the LCA mounts are, but nothing has yet to effect the mount itself.

Any really hard hit doesnt matter whats there it will impact, but for most you just need something to deflect it away from the mount itself.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course we have something for this! We offer lower control doubler plates.

They are designed to be welded to the stock lower arm pivot points and will work with the stock lower control arm bolts if you are not using alignment cams. If you are running alignment cams, we offer longer Metric bolts.

If you have any questions on them, let me know!

They are available on our website: Lower Control Arm Doubler Plates

SDHQ-13-1310.jpg

SDHQ-13-1311.jpg

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see a little rust. and tahts on the back side.

mike is referring to the front mount. Most aftermarket bumpers leave them exposed and they turn into magnets for rocks.

I've run my truck pretty hard over various terran including south dakota, the dunes, snobal, havoc, and some minnesota winter logging roads.

I have some scuffs on my stock skid plate where the LCA mounts are, but nothing has yet to effect the mount itself.

Any really hard hit doesnt matter whats there it will impact, but for most you just need something to deflect it away from the mount itself.

Yeah this is a horrible picture. The front and rear mount got caught on something and drug over it. Causing all 4 pieces of steel to curl toward the rear. This would have been a lot worse with out the stock skid plate to deflect a lot of the impact (Doing its job) This was nothing a little hammer and crowbar action did not take care to to straighten out. It does seem to be a weak spot.

I may try something like Joe is mentioning in his post.