Best way to acquire a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They'd need a social for a credit report.

No Zac, your drivers license number will do...Wish it were not true bud!

----
Car dealers can use your drivers license to access your credit report
Consumer Reports News: September 09, 2009 01:44 PM

Considering all the time we spend fretting about protecting our Social Security numbers, this may come as a shock: Your SSN isn’t necessary for a car salesperson to surreptitiously peek at your credit report. He or she has the technological ability to unlock your file using only the information on your driver’s license.

“An auto dealership checking a consumer’s credit through TransUnion is not required to have the individual’s social security number (SSN) in order to submit the request,” says Steven Katz, a TU spokesman. Does the dealer need your permission to do that? “The dealer does not need ‘permission’; rather, it needs only certify a permissible purpose (such as extension of credit),” says Katz.

Equifax told us the same thing about the ability to get your credit report without your SSN, but stressed that anyone who pulls your file must get your permission to do so.

Experian did not respond to our query.

TransUnion prefers to get the SSN, because it more reliably helps locate your exact credit file, but it’s not absolutely necessary. The credit report access keys on the license are your name, address, and date of birth, all of which are essentially public information. The driver’s license number itself is not relevant, since the credit bureaus don’t use that as an identifier.

Car dealers commonly ask for and photocopy your driver’s license before they’ll let you take one of their cars out for a test drive, says Charles Cyrill, a spokesman for the National Automobile Dealers Association. If you encounter this situation and are worried that your privacy may be compromised, explicitly tell the salesperson that you are not authorizing use of your license to pull your credit report.
Under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act, a car dealer must always get your permission to look at your credit report. He or she can get that permission in writing—when you sign a release or a loan application—or by implication, without your signature, if there is a “legitimate business need.”
What does that mean? According to the FTC, simply shopping around, checking deals, and even taking test drives does not constitute a legitimate business need by itself. Rather, it’s only when you’ve gone further along into an obvious purchase transaction that your actions qualify as business that possibly involves a need to check your credit, according to a 1998 FTC staff opinion letter.

“Only in those circumstances where it is clear both to the consumer and to the dealer that the consumer is actually initiating the purchase or lease of a specific vehicle and, in addition, the dealer has a legitimate business need for consumer report information may the dealer obtain a report without written permission,” says the FTC opinion. -Jeff Blyskal

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for sharing that. Learn something new every day. From personal experience I have never had that happen. I have test drove many many cars just for ***** and giggles. I would have someone's ass if it did. I monitor my credit report as much as i look at the smokin hot thread.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few ideas. 4 years is doable, but you have to STAY focused and snowball your savings (look it up). Also, you said you are in (or new to) construction so you must be able to swing a hammer/turn a wrench. You have your evenings, right? Look for a busted up cheap and/or foreclosed house in an ok neighborhood that needs TLC, make a deal, get your hands dirty. By flipping one or two and being smart about it, you could accelerate your Raptor piggy-bank pretty dramatically, or rent the places and have your tenants pay some or all of the Raptor payments. You might have to team up with someone who's doing it now to get rolling, but you could be moving along in a year with a couple of properties netting you $200-$400 positive cash flow. If you flub it on the first one or two, dust your ass off and move on...the lessons learned will pay even bigger dividends later as they will ********-proof you....as a genius once said (see above) "Winning is the objective, losing is acceptable, quitting is intolerable." If you sit around after work swigging brewskies and playing video games....your 4 year GOAL should be the beat-up-old Silverado, not a Raptor. Kick ass. If you don't know how to sweat a pipe, put in a junction box or hang drywall....learn. When you are with your girl, remember you ain't shootin blanks....EVER. Kids are great ...but cost mucho $$'s (trust me, I am an expert, I have 5)

Oh, and get a degree in SOMETHING any way you can. You CAN truly be financially successful without one, but you'll never regret having the paper and it might just open a door or two. And as my dad told me "Son, you want to be working at a job where you don't have to wash your hands BEFORE you take a ****." Wise man....I was slopping hot tar on rooftops at the time...that shit sucked.

You REALLY want a Raptor? Hang on to your ass, you are going to be busy for a while. You make it happen, drop me a line, maybe we can talk about the next 5 years, I'm sure you can teach me a thing or two about business.

Attachments

• thCARAGIO7.jpg
    thCARAGIO7.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Reaction score
Get involved and learn the Forex market it's the fastest way to stack serious cash. It's what I did and it changed my life. Don't listen to negatives man. Just learn the basics then start trading it's a 5 trillion dollar a day market, and really easy to get the hang of.