2011 Raptor SCAB - Tuxedo - 6.2L - 4,300 miles - $41k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akg102

Reaction score
Hey guys - I'm brand new to the forum and have been looking into buying a Raptor for a little while now. Honestly, I'm a little intimidated by the wide variance in prices I see. I've second guessed myself a couple of different times when I about made the leap.

I'm here to ask about the truck in the title. A dealership *relatively* near me is selling this 2011 Raptor SCAB 6.2L with only 4300mi for $41,891. I'm tempted to jump on this one, but before I contact the dealer, I'm just looking for validation that the truck for this price is GTG.

The dealer says 1 owner, never been off-road. I notice that the bed is scratched to hell for a truck that's seen only 4k miles, but everything else looks fine as far as I can tell. I figure I'd be putting in a bed liner anyway.

I'm driving into work this week (work from home) and the dealership is another 2hr drive beyond work. Before I make the trip, I'd like to know if the price is reasonable. Maybe offer 35k and see if they'd meet in the middle. From the places I've looked, I can't find one for any less with fewer miles.

Sorry if these questions seem very basic. This will be my first big car purchase and the only one I won't be able to buy in cash up-front.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

17.jpg

20.jpg

Link:
2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, $41,891 - Cars.com

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that were me and I ws in the market for a used Raptor not off road I would have dropped 1k on it as a deposit!! That is a great price

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Lenz is a high volume, low margin business. I'd suggest to start maybe $2K under asking and they'll likely meet you in the middle at $40k - don't have much more room than that on it.

OP
OP
A

akg102

Reaction score
Thanks guys - I definitely appreciate the feedback. It seemed like a good deal, but wanted to double check.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the bed was used for all the 4300 miles plus some. Be sure the mileage is correct.

JayLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LineX the bed and pretend like it never had the scratches. See if you can get an extended warranty and drive home happy.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2011 SCAB in early June with 55k for $37,000 loaded with every option for 11 besides graphics and back-up cam, dealer originally wanted $42,500. I guarantee the dealer will not take $35,000. Thats the trade-in value of mine right now with 69K on the clock (according to KBB). These trucks hold their value and since no more are being made and you won't see another one until 16 it will be hard to bargain down, especially with those miles.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2011 SCAB in early June with 55k for $37,000 loaded with every option for 11 besides graphics and back-up cam, dealer originally wanted $42,500. I guarantee the dealer will not take $35,000. Thats the trade-in value of mine right now with 69K on the clock (according to KBB). These trucks hold their value and since no more are being made and you won't see another one until 16 it will be hard to bargain down, especially with those miles.

55k miles is a load more that 4300. thats the reason this is a great price