Variance in rear clearance after shock rebuild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azvrod

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a 2012 SCAB and just had the shocks rebuilt. Yesterday walking up behind the truck I noticed that there was a noticeable lean right to left on the truck. I measured the height from the ground to the bottom of the fender well and from the top of the tire to the same spot on the fender. As it was sitting, there was a 3/4 inch variance with the right side being 3/4 inch higher. I also measured the shaft of the shocks and was the same. I took it to the station and filled it up and remeasured, the gap was reduced to 1/4 of an inch. Now with the truck parked pointing down a slight incline the difference is over 2 inches. My question is this: Is this normal, or could there be a pressure difference in the rebuilt shocks..OR some other adjustment Im missing? I did not notice this before having the shocks rebuilt..so am assuming its not the leaf springs..

Thanks in advance for any guidance!