GEN 1 Truck very unstable on one-sided pot holes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
35/12.50R17
40psi

Also noticed above the front shocks, there is a blue piece of metal that says: "ReadyLift Suspension Inc"

It appears to be this:
https://www.readylift.com/t6-billet-ford-raptor-svt-2-0-leveling-kit-blue-1.html

They put a leveling kit on, instead of moving the perch!!

Well, removing that is a place to start. I would recommend progressive rate springs (front and rear) to help mitigate the issues you're describing. They won't eliminate it, but there will be a noticeable improvement.

In the meantime, you may want to try 38psi on the Nitto's to see if that helps. I run my Toyo RTs at that pressure which improves the ride and so far the tread wear has been even.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Nitto Trail Grappler M/T
35/12.50R17
40psi

Also noticed above the front shocks, there is a blue piece of metal that says: "ReadyLift Suspension Inc"

It appears to be this:
https://www.readylift.com/t6-billet-ford-raptor-svt-2-0-leveling-kit-blue-1.html

They put a leveling kit on, instead of moving the perch!!

Ok so a few things here:

1) Get rid of that readylift spacer if you plan to get your truck into the dirt. Full droop with that spacer in will be more than your control arms are designed for which can damage things.

2) With that spacer in, if you're on bottom perch the ride should be pretty plush and 'roly poly' like. It should soak up most things without feeling unsafe like you said.

3) because of #2, I'd say you need to get your shocks rebuilt and at the same time you can do #1 and also have them set to mid-perch.

4) You could also add the Geiser progressive springs that UTV inc sells. Lots of guys run those and love them.

My truck feels really stable and planted on the road and I'm running stock shocks/springs all the way around. A rebuild is your lowest cost option to try to remedy the situation.

GPD

Reaction score
Ok so a few things here:

1) Get rid of that readylift spacer if you plan to get your truck into the dirt. Full droop with that spacer in will be more than your control arms are designed for which can damage things.

2) With that spacer in, if you're on bottom perch the ride should be pretty plush and 'roly poly' like. It should soak up most things without feeling unsafe like you said.

3) because of #2, I'd say you need to get your shocks rebuilt and at the same time you can do #1 and also have them set to mid-perch.

4) You could also add the Geiser progressive springs that UTV inc sells. Lots of guys run those and love them.

My truck feels really stable and planted on the road and I'm running stock shocks/springs all the way around. A rebuild is your lowest cost option to try to remedy the situation.

I am going to have them rebuilt through the shock exchange, and set mid perch. Once I get them in the mail, and pull the old ones, I'll get rid of that spacer. I'm going with stock rebuilds at mid perch, with schrader valves.

Glad to hear your truck feels planted. I'll report back if this fixes my problem.

Thanks all.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pull that ready lift shit first. And check for any other suspension modifications

Once you get it pulled get an alignment before you send your shocks in.
Right now the geometry is jacked so the suspension is binding on every bump. That's why your getting chucked everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAD454SS

Banned
Reaction score
Spacer did that to my truck early on, plus blown shocks and a whipple .Very scarry to drive. Suspension geometry is out of wack with those spacers. I went to icon 3.0 and icon upper control arms. Truck drives like its on rails now on and offroad.

OP
OP
K

KingRoman

Reaction score
I am going to have them rebuilt through the shock exchange, and set mid perch. Once I get them in the mail, and pull the old ones, I'll get rid of that spacer. I'm going with stock rebuilds at mid perch, with schrader valves.

Glad to hear your truck feels planted. I'll report back if this fixes my problem.

Thanks all.

Hey. OP here.

My shocks were toast and I bought the truck with only 17k miles on it. The truck was in mint condition but the previous owner must of hucked it or something lol. I waited a while to rebuild mine because I couldnt fathom how they would be dead at 17k.

Anyway, drove down to vegas and had Walter rebuild them. Truck feels great now. Planted and stable.

Like others said that spacer up front is probably causing issues too. But once you get the new shocks in im sure it will ride great. Mid perch helps the bump steer issues on the highway too.

Good luck and enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter