Truck started making a nasty sound..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Verdict? I'm in a similar situation.

every time i take it in it doesn't make the noise for them, it been frustrating it hasnt been making it as much since it has gotten colder. my warranty is up the end of next week so im hoping to get it figured out soon.

drj.raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally after multiple trips to the dealer got both IWE replaced under warranty! :happy107::party36: now lets hope it doesnt come back.

BigMikeVP

Reaction score
Check the vacuum lines to the front hubs. Also check the vacuum lines in general for holes. One could have popped off forcing a hub to try to engage. If you do find that the issue it might be a good idea to change the little check valve because you probably sucked in debris and clogged it. It would keep your 4WD from engaging properly or engaging at all.

This is not to uncommon believe it or not. Ford could have done a better job with our 4wd system. The 35's depending on tire come extremely close to the upper control arm and Ive seen the tires saw through a vacuum line that was routed just a tad bit wrong.

Big Mike

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Finally after multiple trips to the dealer got both IWE replaced under warranty! :happy107::party36: now lets hope it doesnt come back.

Disregard my post haha. Happy you got her fixed.:biggrin:
Ill leave it though. Its a good thing to keep in mind for future.