GEN 1 Transmission rough shift and loss of gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
8x,*** miles
SCT tune
K&N intake

Recently I've been having problems with my transmission where when I hit the brakes harder than normal it would stay in gear and then slam into first.

Sometimes it would rev from first and lose the gear entirely reving freely forcing me to pull off the side of the road and turn my truck off and when I cut it back on it acted like it never happened.

Sometimes a wrench light would pop up and sometimes it wouldn't but when it did it would disappear when it cut off.

Could never read the code just curious before I handed it over to Ford if anybody had the same thing happening.

At about 33,000 I had a seal blow in my transmission and all the fluid leaked out. My dealer didn't catch it the first time in the month they had it and just reflashed my system. The second time it was at the dealer for 3 months where they ended up telling me "it was fine" and "not to worry about it". They refilled the trans fluid and replaced the seal.

Sorry the post was so long just didn't want to leave out any details!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a very similar experience that wound up being a transmission sensor of some sort (replaced under warranty at the time).

OP
OP
waddellw

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very similar experience that wound up being a transmission sensor of some sort (replaced under warranty at the time).
Do you happen to remember which sensor it was for you?

I feel like that is what it might turn out to be, but with no warranty and no code pointing to an individual sensor Ford will just say it is fine and send me on my way or rack up some crazy charges without fixing it

(The current wait time at Ford for transmission service is about 2~3 weeks; rather get it the first time!)