Throttle blimp?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has about 48k miles on it and for the past few weeks, every time I go 60-70mph my truck gives a blimp of the gas/ vibration sound. The only reason I know this is because i heard it from the Magnaflow side exit exhaust I have. I'm wondering if it's an exhaust issue, tranny issue or engine issue. The truck shifts perfectly fine but just has that small little blimp of the throttle every once in a while at those speeds. Note: the Rpm gauge doesn't move but my mpg gauge dips down verreeeey slightly but goes back to my average after the throttle blimp is complete. I know it's not my foot pressing the accelerator down because it does it on cruise control as well.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you responded in @Geo tactical my response was hold it to the floor it gives the pedale something to rest against.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck has about 48k miles on it and for the past few weeks, every time I go 60-70mph my truck gives a blimp of the gas/ vibration sound. The only reason I know this is because i heard it from the Magnaflow side exit exhaust I have. I'm wondering if it's an exhaust issue, tranny issue or engine issue. The truck shifts perfectly fine but just has that small little blimp of the throttle every once in a while at those speeds. Note: the Rpm gauge doesn't move but my mpg gauge dips down verreeeey slightly but goes back to my average after the throttle blimp is complete. I know it's not my foot pressing the accelerator down because it does it on cruise control as well.
Check fuse 27. It's probably starting to go. Search FRF for this issue.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Sounds like you have too much helium at that MPH, try adjusting this first and then let us know what happens.

giphy.gif

OP
OP
SVTLOPEZ

SVTLOPEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Do you have the resonator still in place or is it removed?