Running board powdercoat lifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find anything on this. It looks like the bottom edge is lifting probably from rock impacts and salt getting underneath. Any recommendations on just trying to seal and secure it down? Was thinking epoxy but don't want it permanent in case I get it re-coated. Maybe like a heavy duty silicone?

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
POR 15 is great for sealing. It might not match exactly but will seal and protect. They have a matte black.

OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
POR 15 is great for sealing. It might not match exactly but will seal and protect. They have a matte black.

I have chassis saver which is supposedly the same as por15. I wonder if that would work. The coating is lifted but in good shape. I'm not sure if that would actually pull it in permanently.

moog5050

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure matrix, but if you paint it under where its lifting and press it down, it may hold. Or if its small flakes, just remove and paint that spot over the remaining edges. My experience is that once POR15 dries, its really tough stuff.