Rear Camera out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rear camera go to black/purple distortion before error pops up. guidelines are present though.

More info...Truck saw a weekend of jarring trails and some big air landings, so not surprised by this, but before i begin to tear dash apart i figured id ask for any past experience or solutions...

Earlier in the trip after rough trails I lost my nav tv rear camera access, figure a RCA cable came loose on the allsync, backup functionality still worked though.... The next day after some big air landings i found the rear cam in the current state of black/purple distorted screen with gridlines

Thanks!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I believe it might be a loose conection, haven't had the time to deal with it though.

2011 with a Lockpick and front camera, front camera works fine.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guess ill start with navtv conections.

Thinking back I may have left that harness accessible from the dash speaker plate, so lets hope it came loose there vs behind the head unit.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3rd brake light..?

Wound up being a loose rca connection ont he allsync, taped them up to not come off again. For thoes doing navtv or lockpick, keeping your box accessible underneatth the dash speaker was a great help to not have to tear down the center stack :pepper:

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up. This is exactly what I thought, mine is only an occasional thing. I guess I just have to pull the dash apart again.

When I installed led's in my third brake light, I used silicone grease across the top and down the sides to avoid any moisture problems. I checked today and it is bone dry in there. Removed the grease and used silicone gasket maker across the top and down the sides.

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3rd brake light..?

Wound up being a loose rca connection ont he allsync, taped them up to not come off again. For thoes doing navtv or lockpick, keeping your box accessible underneatth the dash speaker was a great help to not have to tear down the center stack :pepper:

Where is the connection to fix?

Mine is experiencing the same issues after a hard day in the desert last week. Sometimes I get a blank screen & error, sometimes it works, sometimes it flashes on & off and sometimes it shows the front view.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, so what am i missing.... how does the 3rd brake light relate here lol

factive, for me it was a connection on my navtv allsync box.

-6221-41D8-9B69-0A186516A283-7433-00000511DDE0746D.jpg

One of the RCA video cables came loose. If your all factory under there id start with connections behind factory nav head unit or harness to camera plug in tailgate... if under warranty, let dealer fix it :Good or Bad:

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I installed the lock pick on mine I left the box near the bottom panel closest to the gas pedal. I figured the panel is easy to get into and the box is easily accessible without tearing things apart. Never thought of putting it by the upper speaker.