New driveshaft recall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ludski

Reaction score
So I got the blue 4 door raptor from the 2011 auto show. But I had the driveshaft clunk at first. And then replaced the driveshaft 2 times. And then it went away. But about 4 months ago. This new sound started up.
It's when coming to a stop its this almost...I don't wants say grinding sound. Cause it's not grinding. But it sounds like heavy "grinding". Nothing when taking off.
Dealer says there is a new driveshaft recall. That directly affects this sound. It's as if the driveshaft has no grease in it. And when it opens and closes its makes the grinding sound.

Any one else have this sound or hear of the recall. And just to clarify this isn't the clunk sound, it's grinding. And yes, I'm sure it's the driveshaft.

Sent from this here, magic box.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also habe a 2011 (scab) never had any problems with the driveshaft. I got mine in April right after the clunk issue was fixed. I will listen tomorrow for any grinding noise.

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got my 2011 Screw in August of 2011 and I haven't had any issues with the trans/DS "clunk". That's very interesting... Did your dealer tell you what was causing this?

OP
OP
Ludski

Ludski

Reaction score
He basically agreed with everything that I was telling him. So I could have called him a moron and he would've agreed.

Acquired from Russian satellites.