Intermittent complete electrical loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

memheli

Reaction score
So Saturday evening I went to leave a gathering and got into my truck, turned the key, and had absolutely no power. I backed the key out and inserted again, turned and again no power. Got out, popped the hood to check the battery and found nothing. Got back into the truck and turned the key only to have her start up and take me home. When I got to the house, I shut her off and tried to start again, same thing happened. Opened the hood and then started the truck. The next day I went out and tried to start again, and found no power. This time, no hood tinkering, I just waited a second and turned the key again. The truck started up and radio came on, but the display was totally blank. I drove around the hood but the display never came back on. When I got to the house, I shut her off and she started right up again, but had done a complete system reset of sorts. Steering wheel was al the way forward for easy out, radio was reset to AM. I hit the "1" button and steering and seat repositioned.

Any idea what's going on here?

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
sound like a loose battery cable.. if the ones on the battery are tight, follow them around to their connections and check those out too