Electrical troubleshooting please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So im having a few minor( hopefully) electrical issues.

1st) when i push the button for driver seat heater it stays on for 3 seconds and then turns off? any ideas.....

2nd) rear speakers are rattling like they are blown or loose at times, almost like too much power for them to handle (Really annoying) this one is all you Busa help please before i go buy new speakers when i don't need too.

3rd) about a week ago my iphone was playing music at a decent level then it dropped the iPhone connection and went to a radio station and no buttons on the entire interface would work leaving the radio blaring.. until i recycled the key. if that makes sense

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
1. Probably a burnt heating pad there is a big thread on it

2. There is a TSB for speakers sounding awful I don't know number off hand. I'm not sure it might only cover the front speakers.

3. I don't know if this is your issue but my sync is a PITA if I don't restart it every couple of days. My syncs will cut out and not work whenever I restart my phone things work.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
speaker rattles can be a pain. you need to try to see if it is a certain frequency, or an amplifier issue. best thing to do is pull your door panel and use another speaker to see if the problem persists

OP
OP
jeff

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speaker rattles can be a pain. you need to try to see if it is a certain frequency, or an amplifier issue. best thing to do is pull your door panel and use another speaker to see if the problem persists

Thanks busa! i will start taking it apart after finals are over, i may be in the speaker market soon:emotions33:

OP
OP
jeff

jeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the seat heater went on the other day for one drive and heated normally, could this be a loose wire ? note that after i shut the truck off and re tried the problem occured.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
check the connection under the seat for the heater it might be loose causing it to go in and out.

busa you're definitely gonna have to post up that system when you get it all done! i have the MTX sub in the rear but i do want to upgrade the door speakers for better sound in the mid's and highs can't wait to see what you got in mind!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
so the seat heater went on the other day for one drive and heated normally, could this be a loose wire ? note that after i shut the truck off and re tried the problem occured.

my heated seat did the same thing. the heating element essentially shorts out (breaks) and so when you hit the button it senses the open circuit and shuts off. maybe when you're sitting a certain way you close the circuit again so it works but it's likely going to happen again. i know mine worked on and off a few times then it ended up burning my seat foam.