Cracked Windshield WTF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I went off roading like 8days ago and didnt notice a crack at all. Drove the truck about 5days after the event (truck sat the whole time) and noticed a 4inch crack up the windshield that I would have noticed before. Truck sits after a quick drive then untill today. Decided to wash my truck for the first time and started it up and moved it from one end of the driveway to the other and started washing. I hop back inside the truck and now its at least 10inches long. WTFF!

You look right thu the crack and its very annoying. Will ford cover this?
Also there is caked in mud and grass in the bottom front of the rear wheel wells I cant get out. Otherwise the truck looks like a normal truck that hasn't been washed. Will they void warranty if it was off roaded? If it was a stress crack it would have happened in a couple G outs or from slowly going up and sideways and twisting the truck which it did NOT when I was off road.

What do I do?

e514c06.jpg

aab5436.jpg

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call your insurance guy. Ford won't cover that.....Sorry

OP
OP
FilthyRaptor

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well no way its getting turned into insurance. To many vehicles rates will go up across the board more than a windshield will cost.

What does a new windshield cost? Is there anything special about the one in our trucks having an anti reflectant or a satallite radio antenna inside it?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My rates were never effected by windshield claims. There's a vendor on here now that's sells glass. You could try them. Previous vehicles where $300-$400

OP
OP
FilthyRaptor

FilthyRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked in manual and it says windshield stress cracks have limited coverage for first 12mo or 12k miles even though caused by use and or exposure to elements.

Giving ford a call. keep fingers crossed

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used insurance for windshields in my truck and wife's escape and rates have never gone up. We have State Farm.