First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tipnring

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job! Thanks for sharing this . I know that it was a lot of work but your Raptor will be turning heads when you take it out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The screw-on lids on the Adam's car wash buckets are very handy for taking hot water to the quarter wash but I found during the first use that just inside the rim of the lid there is a little groove that traps dirt and grit which makes it hard to rinse them out.

Here is a picture of the underside of the portion of the bucket lid that stays on the bucket. This part then has the threads that the lid screws into. You can see the groove.

20140405_155952.jpg

I used a small squeeze tube of 100% silicone caulk to fill this groove and then smoothed it off with my finger. Problem solved.

20140405_160005.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out how to post larger resolution images. The original is 5760x3840 but it posts at 400x267 then if you click on the pic it will expand to 800x533. I have noticed in other threads that the pics are as large as 1024x768.

Can someone tell me how to post images at 1024x768?

IMG_3456.jpg

OilPatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I just did a quick glade back thru ad didn't see, but I'm curious did you use foam or micro fibre cutting/polishing pads?

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I just did a quick glade back thru ad didn't see, but I'm curious did you use foam or micro fibre cutting/polishing pads?

I used the black foam pads for the sealant and wax. I used the red foam pads for the glaze. Since I did not do any paint correcting I did not use any microfiber pads. Adam's has microfiber cutting and finishing pads (orange and white) but no microfiber pads for sealants and wax.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for your business and AWESOME work Dan!!

For not doing any polishing, your paint looks amazing!

Regarding the bucket rings catching dirt, I like to rinse them out, let the crud fall to the bottom of the bucket, then just wipe out with a waffle weave towel. Silicone is a great trick as well. :)

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you download the pics to the sight or a different sores? I'd like to know also for the pics I need for the calendar make sure you get a pic in.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went on a 350 mile trip this week and stopped to visit a few sand dunes on the way. The Raptor was dusty and had lots of bugs on the front and windshield.

View attachment 45336

I decided to give it a wash to see how much easier it would be with all the paint protection and it washed up real nice. The dust and bug guts were gone with just a pressure wash. I did the two-bucket wash and dried with Detail Spray and it looked just as good as when it was first detailed.

The Paint Sealant and Americana Wax did their job!

Last edited: