Advice on gas pressure washer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched to a high quality electric and would not go back to gas. AZ Scooter mentioned the AR630HOT but the model I got is the AR630TSS-HOT, which has the auto stop-start. These are much quiter than gas or the cheaper electric ones, they can run water up to 160 degrees F without overheating, and having it shut off when you release the trigger is great. The cord is long and has a built-in GFCI on the plug. It does need a 20A circuit.

http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/AR-AR630TSS-HOT-Pressure-Washer/p10058.html

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I switched to a high quality electric and would not go back to gas. AZ Scooter mentioned the AR630HOT but the model I got is the AR630TSS-HOT, which has the auto stop-start. These are much quiter than gas or the cheaper electric ones, they can run water up to 160 degrees F without overheating, and having it shut off when you release the trigger is great. The cord is long and has a built-in GFCI on the plug. It does need a 20A circuit.

AR AR630TSS-HOT Blue Clean Professional 1900 PSI Electric-Warm Water Hand Carry Pressure Washer w/ Auto Stop-Start

It's also $800 bucks.

I have one from Lowe's, Honda engine, 3000 psi. I really like it, and I don't have to drag a long extension cord out of the garage either.

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up with both electric and gas. The electric is for the cars and truck washing, the gas is for the deck and house cleaning. I could not find one unit I would be happy with that fit all my needs.

Scott13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a Troy Built 2800PSI at Lowes a few months ago on sale for $250… I love it.. Works great around the house and on the truck.

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After weeks and weeks of searching and evaluating gas pressure washers I finally found exactly what I was looking for. Yamaha pw3028 power washer. A mx200 Yamaha commercial motor with a cat triplex pump. I can't wait to get this bad boy and hook to my MTM foam cannon. Has plenty of power for lots of jobs 3200psi and 2.8gpm.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a adjustment knob where the pressure relief valve is.
If there is . . you will be able to adjust the pressure up or down.
I have a Craftsman from the 90s, which is really a Generac.
Point here is . . you might want to invest in a glycerin filled pressure gauge, placed on the output side.
These gauges are approx. $30 or less on ebay and will last 2 or 5 years, depending on use.
I've gone thru about 3 gauges in 15 years. [0 psi - 5000 psi]
You may find that your pressure washer
does not live up to the
Advertised Pressure,
but it will perform well. I can etch rock at just over 2000psi.
I usually run mine at about 1500 to 1700 psi w/fan nozzle or turbo nozzle for the really tuff jobs.

Oh, and when you get done using it . . . lubricate all fittings and maybe a little propylene glycol down the pressure hose to reduce oxidation.
Not ethylene glycol . . cause you don't want your pets licking any of the shit off that floor, cause it will kill them.

Tonka

Reaction score
Have been using my North star gas washer for years (5-6?) to wash the motorcylces and trucks, and has never missed a beat. The model i have happenes to be heated as well and uses diesel to power the furnace.