Additional rust proofing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would you go about applying it? Juat spray it on when clean and dry?

Any precautions? Would 3-4 cans be enough? Also how long does it last? A year ? 2 years?

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How would you go about applying it? Juat spray it on when clean and dry?

Any precautions? Would 3-4 cans be enough? Also how long does it last? A year ? 2 years?

start with 3-4 cans and see how far that gets you. I applied it after washing the truck, making sure to get all the areas I was going to apply it, make sure it's 100% dry then just spray it on.

most important part is making sure it's dry, otherwise you're just trapping moisture under there.

heres a before and after of when I did mine. had the bed off because i was doing my long travel rear setup at the time.

Before:

e3a4aze8.jpg

After:

geteru7a.jpg

that was done in july of 2014. It's just starting to wear off now and I'll probably go over it again this coming summer.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sprayed my undercarriage down really well with Amsoil MPHD rust inhibitor as soon as I got it. It went on a bit yellow and waxy but hardened really well and lasted. When I sold the truck 3 years later, I had zero rust issues, but the truck wasn't daily driven either. t'll definitely use it again.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have all mine done

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

It's more of an orange peel spray in bed liner.

OP
OP
Oceanbnd

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one more "snag" with living here. There is nowhere to wash your car. There is one car wash on the island. It has a spray nozzle on the side but unfortunately the owners turn it off during the winter. One would have to hand wash their car with warm water and buckets to keep the car free of gunk. And there's soooo much gunk

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OceanBnd,
Search the forum and/or Google for "Ziebart". I've had all of my cars and trucks treated over the past 30+ years all without rust ever raising it's head....
As for aluminum 'just oxidizing'...iron/steel oxidation is called rust; aluminum oxidation is called corrosion....
Just as bad! We have a lot of Land Rovers out here, surrounded by the Atlantic. The frames rust, and the bodies corrode....
ZIEBART!
http://ziebart.com/

Eddie

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oceanbnd

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OceanBnd,
Search the forum and/or Google for "Ziebart". I've had all of my cars and trucks treated over the past 30+ years all without rust ever raising it's head....
As for aluminum 'just oxidizing'...iron/steel oxidation is called rust; aluminum oxidation is called corrosion....
Just as bad! We have a lot of Land Rovers out here, surrounded by the Atlantic. The frames rust, and the bodies corrode....
ZIEBART!
Ziebart | Home

Eddie

As with most things in this state, there are no Ziebart dealers here. It's crazy how little is available here. I'm going to take my truck to the only detailer on this rock and see what product they use.