Minimum Post Requirement for Selling on FRF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the trader rating idea. Would we be able to rate people for previous sales though? Like, lets say this starts tomorrow (for example). Would I be able to rate someone based off a sale made a month ago? Or even a year ago? And would the seller be able to rate the buyer? Basically saying they didnt have any issues getting their money.

At the same time, it could possibly hurt some sales. Ive seen a few people that sell quite a few items. Say person A, who buys more than they sell, would have a rating of "0" until they eventually sold something. That would probably deter some people away because theres no proof that person could be trusted (even though realistically they can be). It may take a little bit to break the ice, while someone who has sold a few things already continues to gain more and more sales.

Im assuming this rating would be a 0-10 or 0-100 scale. Maybe instead of giving a 0 to someone initially, everyone starts with some kind of "not-sold-anything-yet" status. That would eliminate somebody who sold one item and ripped someone off from having the same trader rating as someone who hasnt sold anything.

Just throwing the idea and my $0.02 out there.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
We have had the iTrader discussion before. I am personally not a fan of it because it either doesn't get used or it gets abused. It also doesn't solve our minimum post problem. Members can artificially inflate their feedback scores or in most cases people are just too lazy to leave feedback after the sale.

I have seen it work when implemented from day 1, but I've also seen it flop big time when implemented to an established forum.

Also, the developers of iTrader have abandoned the plugin and no longer support it. So, there's basically a good chance that at some point down the road when we need to update the forum software or install a plugin that doesn't play nice...all the feedback will be lost.

Personally, I think this falls into the category of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"...but I am always open for more feedback and opinions.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So before you bitch and complain about having to make 50 posts, realize the reasons behind it. Making 50 useless posts in order to work the system is extremely disrespectful and an abuse of the forum.

Hmmm, so far no "******** or complainers about having to make 50 posts."

What a surprise; no keyboard warriors dare come out of hiding to argue against this very fair policy.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
**** it, make it 500 (useful) post and at least three months of membership. Selling items is a privilege you earn on a forum not a given right.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. The only thing I've ever sold here was a tpm sensor to you only because you posted a wtb.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
That thing's still working too. Of course, it should be for how much you overcharged me.