speed adjusted volume

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had noticed something with music playing - regardless of source I think, that sounded like some sort of ‘artificial cap’ on certain ranges of sound. Almost like ‘clipping’. I first noticed it playing music from my iPhone, over bluetooth. I could tell the sound was off during certain riffs.

I got to a light tonight and pulled up the audio and on a bet I turned off the speed adjusted volume. I ran through 5 songs from the phone and I swear it sounds better, up to max, which admittedly my ears can’t abide for a long period of time. I need to try it out some more.

anyone else? or did turning off speed adjusted volume just make it easier to hear the voices? :goofy_batman:

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had noticed something with music playing - regardless of source I think, that sounded like some sort of ‘artificial cap’ on certain ranges of sound. Almost like ‘clipping’. I first noticed it playing music from my iPhone, over bluetooth. I could tell the sound was off during certain riffs.

I got to a light tonight and pulled up the audio and on a bet I turned off the speed adjusted volume. I ran through 5 songs from the phone and I swear it sounds better, up to max, which admittedly my ears can’t abide for a long period of time. I need to try it out some more.

anyone else? or did turning off speed adjusted volume just make it easier to hear the voices? :goofy_batman:

Hmm, I don't know if I want to hear voices in my head...:hidesbehindsofa:

I'll try turning mine off on the drive to the store and reply in a bit with my results.

HunyaKitti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tested my sound with and without the speed adjustment and didn't notice anything major like you were describing. Then I tried adjusting my equalizer and putting the treble higher. Definitely noticed a slight difference with and without the speed adjustment.

Maybe it's trying too hard to adjust?

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
maybe? I definitely am not hearing any of the artificial capping I was hearing before.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bluetooth is pretty bad for car audio. It's way worse on my 4Runner and you can actually hear the bitrate adjusting and it will skip like back in the old cd days - better to plugin to sync and run with Car Play from iPhone - I've had zero issues with Car Play audio. It's nice to be able to keep the phone in the sync drawer and not to need to have the phone out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
smurfslayer

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder - I’ve never had really good luck or results with bluetooth and I’ve had some spotty audio from it in the Raptor as well. I may retest with the phone wired.