Sirius Traffic Not Working - 2017 Raptor [GEN 2]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoresman903

Reaction score
Hello, I picked up my new 2017 Raptor on Tuesday!

Bottom Line is that the Sirius Traffic is not working.

All other Sirius Services work fine, and the system shows me as "Subscribed" to all services - including Traffic.

The Dealer tried to access Traffic in another unsold 2017 Raptor - to no avail. So at least one other vehicle is experiencing this. My salesman later called me to say he investigated and learned this was a known issue. Also, 1.) Sirius acknowledged it; 2.) The issue was on Sirius' end ; and 3.) They are working on resolution.

Before I knew that, I contacted Sirius Customer Care (three times and spoke to six people - that's another story!) and finally spoke to a competent Technical Support Agent. After some diagnostics in addition to pushing a new signal, he concluded the issue was on their end. And that a 3rd party vendor to them would be working to resolve.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, has it been resolved?

Does anyone else currently have the same issue?

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry dont have an answer since I dont have my truck yet? Does it come with a year of Sirius sub or did you have to pay for it from day one?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yes, actually I tried to get traffic last night and NADA. I wonder if it’s more global ( other that Ford ) outage? it sound like it.

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
pjones: Yes; a complimentary subscription is given. I believe it's 6 months for the Sirius XM Radio and 5 years for Traffic, Weather, etc.

smurfslayer: Sirius says there system is transmitting Traffic okay (and it is - it works on my wife’s Volvo). I was told by Sirius Tech Support and my Ford Salesman that this is a known issue on THEIR end - I guess with our 2017 Raptors (maybe Fords with SYNC 3).

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried to refresh my traffic multiple times, nothing happens.
When they say fix, will they push a global update to ALL subscribers? Or do we need to contact them and give them specific info(subscriber id or something) to get a fix pushed to our vehicle?

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
I've tried to refresh my traffic multiple times, nothing happens. When they say fix, will they push a global update to ALL subscribers? Or do we need to contact them and give them specific info(subscriber id or something) to get a fix pushed to our vehicle?

I wish I knew! I'm supposed to be contacted by a higher level technical support person in the next 3 days. My truck, the other on the lot, smurfslayer, and I'm guessing yours aren't working. A couple of people have said they are getting traffic. So I can't figure out what's going on...

OP
OP
scoresman903

scoresman903

Reaction score
So today I learned from my dealership that this is a SYNC 3 issue for 2016 and 2017 model years - affecting vehicles in 9 states.

Additionally, "they're working on it." Given that this has apparently been going on since MY 2016, I'm not encouraged. And if this is correct information, I can't believe its been going on for so long without more negative fanfare - for both Ford and Sirius.

I did some research and found several conversations about this in other forums:

And this is from some "Ford Recalls Repair & Diagnostic Tips" webpage:

Last edited:

Swimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So today I learned from my dealership that this is a SYNC 3 issue for 2016 and 2017 model years - affecting vehicles in 9 states.

Additionally, "they're working on it." Given that this has apparently been going on since MY 2016, I'm not encouraged. And if this is correct information, I can't believe its been going on for so long without more negative fanfare - for both Ford and Sirius.

I did some research and found several conversations about this in other forums:

And this is from some "Ford Recalls Repair & Diagnostic Tips" webpage:

Thanks. Do you know what the nine states are? I looked through the links you posted but didn't see that mentioned. I live in Washington and mine isn't working.