Powering an ARB Refrigerator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Asinine

Reaction score
Hi All. I have an ARB refrigerator that I use for camping and weekend excursions. Is there a 12V plug in the Raptor that is always on? The fridge has a voltage detector so it shuts off before running the battery down.

I ran the ARB kit directly to the battery in my Jeep, however it seems a lot harder to install in a Raptor and I haven't found any threads for this yet. TIA

taoseno

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous these trucks don't have 12v in the back..................I have the same problem.

OP
OP
A

Asinine

Reaction score
There is a 400w up front in the Gen2. Just in case I would like a margarita while I’m taking that dune.

Yeah, super handy for charging my laptop while flying down Mohave Road.

Always-on 12V and/or USB would be ideal. I have those in my Jeep and they get a lot of use. I might have to add a circuit myself if I can find the time.

hammer73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, super handy for charging my laptop while flying down Mohave Road.

Always-on 12V and/or USB would be ideal. I have those in my Jeep and they get a lot of use. I might have to add a circuit myself if I can find the time.

I believe Forscan can change the timeout on the existing port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Asinine

Reaction score
I believe Forscan can change the timeout on the existing port.

I ordered my OBD dongle and now reading up on Forscan. Do you know what setting I need to change? Or a hint in the right direction? That spreadsheet is huge!

OP
OP
A

Asinine

Reaction score
I ordered my OBD dongle and now reading up on Forscan. Do you know what setting I need to change? Or a hint in the right direction? That spreadsheet is huge!

Answered my own question - max time is 60 minutes. Ran the ARB wiring kit through the firewall grommet and got it working.