GEN 2 A dumb light question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trafficman337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 Raptor is my 3rd one. Having owned the 2013 edition, I recall getting HID Headlights in it. Upon selling the 2013, I bought a 2015 Lariat, which also had the HID Headlight Package. After having my 2017 Raptor less than a week, either I am going blind, or the Headlights are not as bright as my 2015 Lariat with the HID Package. Does anyone know if the lighting in the new Raptors are in fact HID Lighting? My sticker price says I have LED lights, but they just don't seem as bright. I know its a dumb question, just looking for some help. Thanks.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have any night time experience with the 17s yet , but what I have found with other makes is that the LED headlights put out great light but it seems less the the older HID version is brighter. LED in most cases looks less bright because of the color of the light. The design of the reflector may also have some to do with the distance.

The simple answer is add lots of Baja Desings lights!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
it’s not a dumb question and I remember a few of the peeps who left the Gen 1 tribe for the 2017 reported similar feelings. I didn’t have the earlier Raptor so I’m not able to comment if there’s a lower light output or not. I’ve got no complaints on the current LED’s, they’re respectably bright.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My last 2 F150s had OEM HIDs and I don't notice much difference between those and the LEDs on my 2017. They are both way better than OEM halogens.