Diode Dynamics Fog Bucket Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I wait on my 2018 to be built I’ve been looking at lightning options. I have Rigid Dually Driving and Spots on my 2012 with the Rigid bracket and have been very happy with them.

So I’m thinking about going with Rigid D2 XL Spots, D-SS Driving and SR-M2 Amber Diffused Floods.

My question is has anyone used the Diode Dynamics Fog Bucket Bracket shown here:
2017 Raptor Diode Dynamics Fog Bucket Bracket Kit DD6003

How far back can you push the lights with this bracket?
What’s the dimensions of the Fog Bucket opening?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Dude, you can -make- a bracket out of 2” angle aluminum, 14.5 inches long per side. It’s like $20 in parts from Lowes/Home Depot. I spent zero on the mount because I already had the angle aluminum :)

There’s 2 bolt hole mount points you can use, easily identifiable once you crawl up underneath the truck. I pulled the inner most ‘bumper’ mount, inserted between the 2 pieces of metal, marked with a pen when I had it oriented as needed, drilled the hole. mounted the angle piece, pulled the outer most mount point, oriented the angle aluminum so it was basically even, marked the hole, drilled and final mounted.

Pull the mount and make a “mirror” for the other side.
You have to relieve one side of the angle mount, on the inside, about 1.5” so the piece will fit when finally mounted.

- pro tip: deburr the cr@p out of the mount point.

When you get the lights, position the lights like you think they should be, but then, allow more clearance on the inner most lights because it’s difficult to eyeball the light pods as straight.

Mark the hole, mount and see if you’re close. If not, drill another hole where it should be. Measure and repeat on the other side when you have a final / good mount point.

It’s a fun project, takes only a couple hours start to finish.

You can fit 3 full sized cubes in the opening if they’re tightly spaced, or 2 + one of the “pint sized” LED cubes.
A couple of users have mounted a light bar in that opening. You can fit a 10” bar in there.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that’s a good idea but right now my CNC, drill press and stationary belt sander is in storage. I’m sure I could make something with a hand drill, porta-band and file but this is a $70k truck.

Just wondering if anyone has used this bracket?

What gauge is the metal?

Can anyone tell me the opening dimensions of the bucket?

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks kinda flimsy compared to the bd bracket

That’s what I’m afraid of. Will BD sell just the bracket? I’m sure BD makes great lights, I personally just don’t care for the way they look. I’ve been very happy with the Rigids on my GEN 1, 165k miles on them with two years in the UT deserts, so I think I will stick wth them.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what I’m afraid of. Will BD sell just the bracket? I’m sure BD makes great lights, I personally just don’t care for the way they look. I’ve been very happy with the Rigids on my GEN 1, 165k miles on them with two years in the UT deserts, so I think I will stick wth them.

I don't think so but I'm not 100% sure. I thought I read somewhere that they would if you already had some of there lights but I'd check with Bailey @bajadesigns to see. But honestly you should look again at their kit. They look great imo.SL6g4ex.jpg

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think so but I'm not 100% sure. I thought I read somewhere that they would if you already had some of there lights but I'd check with Bailey @bajadesigns to see. But honestly you should look again at their kit. They look great imo.SL6g4ex.jpg
That does look pretty good. Do the lights extend past the plane of the bumper? That’s my only complaint with the GEN 1 Rigid mount.

OP
OP
Uncas

Uncas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative. They do not
Great, I will definitely look at them. I’m going to check with Diode Dynamics on their bracket construction. Still interested in the Rigids, A friend put the D2 XL spots on his Super Duty and the are far above the Dully Spots. They light up the world and come in handy on the back roads of VA and when we’re out in UT.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True
Great, I will definitely look at them. I’m going to check with Diode Dynamics on their bracket construction. Still interested in the Rigids, A friend put the D2 XL spots on his Super Duty and the are far above the Dully Spots. They light up the world and come in handy on the back roads of VA and when we’re out in UT.

Yea. If you liked those then the bd lights will blow you away. There way better. But that's been covered so many times before here so I don't want to start that again. But concerning your op, I think that bracket looks kinda thin and cheap