GEN 2 Baja Designs S2 back up lights install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bailey, I saw in another thread you recommended an add a fuse for the marker lamps on the S8s. Being stubborn as I am, why not run a hot from the back to an add a fuse on the 10A in the block (87)? I would also run a ground up to my known ground in the front. Also, since we're all here, I was thinking about running the green wire from the S8s to the trailer tow park lamps (25). Fuse numbers are taken from the owner's manual. Thoughts?

I ran a fused hot to the relay running my rear S8s. The s8 backlight LEDs are powered off a trailer running light tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bailey, I saw in another thread you recommended an add a fuse for the marker lamps on the S8s. Being stubborn as I am, why not run a hot from the back to an add a fuse on the 10A in the block (87)? I would also run a ground up to my known ground in the front. Also, since we're all here, I was thinking about running the green wire from the S8s to the trailer tow park lamps (25). Fuse numbers are taken from the owner's manual. Thoughts?

I don't see any problems if you tap into the trailer parking lamps for the amber backlight. This would be one of many possible ways to hook-up the backlight feature.

-Bailey, Baja Designs
www.bajadesigns.com

thepro8

Reaction score
So what's the opinion on the Sports Vs the Pros for reverse lights? This will go on a 2018.

Can we hook pros directly up to the reverse lights or do they have to go through the switches? Are they too bright for this application?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pros will give you a lot more light. I have not had any customers experience issues going with the Pros. They don't use a lot more amperage.

I don't think they'd be too bright. I have Squadron Pros for my own reverse (on their own switch though) and don't find them too bright. They do add a lot of light, which can wash out reverse cameras, but I only use those when I'm looking behind me to light up everything.

thepro8

Reaction score
Pros will give you a lot more light. I have not had any customers experience issues going with the Pros. They don't use a lot more amperage.

I don't think they'd be too bright. I have Squadron Pros for my own reverse (on their own switch though) and don't find them too bright. They do add a lot of light, which can wash out reverse cameras, but I only use those when I'm looking behind me to light up everything.

Thanks. Went with the sports

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
I’ll be using this method this week. Installed mine today following instructions tapping into tail light harness......no lights.

Dalejbrass

Reaction score
Just finished wiring up my back up lights using this method and worked like a charm. I now have lights. Don’t know why they didn’t suggest this in the directions to begin with!?!

Thanks for your thread.

Sabbadoo

Reaction score
I hooked up my S2 reverse lights today and couldn’t be happier with the result. Perfect amount of light. I could see where the pros might be too much.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pros are good if you are not using your camera as all the extra light messes with the cameras settings. But if you are looking behind you they are great.

Sports are great if you rely on the camera for backing up as it won't throw the camera off as much.

We offer both options on our site. The regular Sports in the reverse kit and an option to upgrade to the Pros for a little extra.